You are here

Yet another snub. Why should I be surprised?

momof5_1969's picture

So tomorrow is SD24's son's birthday party (DH's grandson). Yet, we have not been invited. My DH keeps trying to make excuses for her. "Oh, well, that's just SD24." "Dumb blonde." I think she knows exactly what she's doing. We were invited last year. So what's the problem this year. Funny thing how I found out about it, she sent my BD20 a FB invite. SD24 has blocked me on FB so there is no way she could send me a FB invite, but she does have our phone numbers and texts us when she wants something.

I guess she got enough money out of us for her wedding so probably figures....I don't know what.

I just am so tired of getting slighted. She has no problem in asking us to watch son when she has nobody else.

I just want off this roller coaster of emotions that I have been having lately. So sick and tired of this crap. Really, truly! Frick.

furkidsforme's picture

I guess next time she needs a sitter you just unfortunately will not be available. Or the time after that... and the one after that, too.

momof5_1969's picture

Agreed.

Amber Miller's picture

I know you must enjoy the little guy but I have to agree that you must make yourself scarce if you can. I know, easier said than done. I'm commenting without knowledge of the visitation you get with the gskid and how you feel about the time you get to be with him. I guess what I'm trying to say is that if you like visiting with him and the only time you get to see him is when you are asked to "babysit" I could totally understand how hard it would be to say "no". On the other hand, the way you are being ignored is reprehensible. I would never dream of treating my family/parents like this. There is no way that I believe for one moment that SD "forgot" to invite you guys and that she is a "dumb blonde". Sorry; I just don't buy it. Let me put it to you like this.........I have 2 parents; a mom and a dad. Whenever I think of inviting one of my parents anywhere or to anything (event ) I ask myself about the other parent (they are divorced, friends, live together--it's a long story) but I am reminded by thinking of one that there is the other. Let's face it, biologically speaking, I wouldn't exist if these 2 individuals that I call mom and dad hadn't been together. Now tell me how I could "forget" the 2 people it took to make me. I know in some families there is bad blood between divorced parents but for the sake of the kids, most adults choose to get along and be adults during events where it is appropriate to invite both parents. I'm sorry, maybe it's just me but my mom and dad to me are like PB&J; I don't think of one without thinking of the other. Like I said, I'm sure not all families work this way but just remember my biology example; it took 2 people, now show those 2 people some respect.

Amber Miller's picture

StepAside once again; you've hit the nail on the head. That's what they do; risk hurting the child for their own pleasure and personal use.

Amber Miller's picture

Yes she will. Maybe someday she will have the distinct pleasure of being a SM to an ungrateful, mean brat like she is.

Amber Miller's picture

Yes she will. Just wait until those girls are in their lovely teenage years. Then they will drive her crazy because as we all know, teenagers know more than their parents :?
That's a joke if course. I have 2 know it all teenage boys. I love them but they make me nuts as they think I know nothing. It's just a matter of time for SGD29
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha
And the 10 yo girls will probably fight with each other too. That's fun as well; all designed by teens to make us crazy. Oh the joy, she will have 2 at the same time.

hereiam's picture

My SD22 can never use her kids to hurt me because I am not attached to them whatsoever. I have no interest in them, actually.

My husband keeps himself pretty detached, also. We just feel this is best even thought it sounds horrible to most people.

momof5_1969's picture

Okay, so at 11:52 pm last night (SAt) my DH gets a text from SD24 saying that birthday party is today at 4 pm at her husband's parent's home. I told DH I wasn't going. We're an after thought. Really?? You couldn't have given us more notice? And I got a text from her personally this am at about 9:30ish.

My DH told her we were busy and asked if we could do something later this week. I didn't go out and buy out the moon for the kid -- just spent max of $20. three pieces of clothing that were all on clearance, a coloring book, crayons and two little monster trucks (cost 6.99). I'm not going all out. Looks like we are providing the cake when she comes later. Irritates me that Dh does this. He knows I won't spend the money on a frickin' cake, and would rather bake one so as to save the money.

He's irritating me too.

Yes, I agree with all of you that she was being nice for babysitting purposes. I'm sure of it.

And that is definitely a concern of mine that she will get pissed off and cut me off (again). She did it to me after he was born. I didn't get to see him after he was born through till Christmas -- almost a full year. I hadn't spoken to her in over a year and a half when I finally got to meet him when he was almost one. My DH was allowed to be around her, but not me. She was awful.

Oh and her mother is a piece of work. She lives in Arizona and my DH has a restraining order against her for life, and she also has a restraining order against her to keep her away from the skids. They all see her now that they're over 18 years old, but my Dh still wants it in place to keep her from him and to prevent any future damage.

SD24 begged DH to take restraining order off so that BM would come to the wedding. DH said that he would not do anything if BM wanted to come to the wedding. I think BM used that as an excuse to just not come so that she had to face all the family that she has been avoiding for years due to her psychotic behavior.

Needless to say, the apples do not fall far from the tree.

Just want to say I'm so thankful for all of you here on steptalk. I don't know what I'd do without all of you.

momof5_1969's picture

Cat -- yes when SD24 came back into my life after a year and a half of shunning completely, she asked me to watch her son 4 and 5 days a week. She probably thought she'd hit the jackpot in babysitters. I did it for free. I was available when she called. I never said no. Etc. Needless to say, this got old and I got a job that had me gone during the week. I told DH that I was willing to watch her son 1 day a week and that was it. I set a boundary.

So she would start calling him and have him pick up her son on his way home from work -- to get around the fact that I had said no. So DH would come home and expect me to take over. I refused. I did not change the diapers, feed him, put on pjs, nothing. DH couldn't take his typical after work nap! He'd start falling asleep on the couch and I'd say "oh no you don't. You committed to watching him -- YOU watch him."

So yes, boundaries are the key!