You are here

Who's the wife?

Stepdrama11's picture

So, it occurred to me that if DH was ever in an accident, and the responders found his phone and wanted to contact his wife, and they looked at the call log, they would think his daughter was his wife because of the volume of calls relative to number of calls to anyone else.

You could add up calls to his own DS, me (his wife), and his 2 SKs and the total would probably not even reach 25% compared to the number of calls between him and SD. That doesn't include texts. And Facetime.

Blech.

sammigirl's picture

All my DH's calls are only to his DD56; then there is texts, blah, blah, blah. I'm in his phone for emergency only, re: cook, maid, nurse, home health care, gardener, lawn care service, and general short order servant.

No problem, I'm used to it and don't care. My name is on everything joint (37 years) and I won't remember SD56's name if something happens to my DH. SD is already history in my life!

}:) }:)

sammigirl's picture

It gets old; but I found the more I ignore it and the less I care; it has almost stopped completely.

I do not look at his phone, I do not stay in the room when he texts or talks on it, and I really don't care. If I don't see, hear, or care it doesn't take up space in my head and I don't waste another minute of my life thinking of my dreadful SD56.

Acratopotes's picture

same with SO and Aergia..... I give a duck.... I know if he should be in an accident and they call that number she will not answer, she ignores his calls flat out, and his text messages she only replies if she wants something...

or if he calls her she text back WTF ya want.... then he does not reply...

TwoOfUs's picture

DH certainly texts and calls me more...but he does text/call and dote on both daughters (especially the youngest) way too much. I hate the dynamic they all have...gives me the creeps. I've posted in my blog before about DH taking me out to dinner and then texting SD the whole time...about SD (she's 16...was 15 when I wrote this blog) calling her dad "BAE"...etc. it's gross and disturbing. Hoping that she will grow out of it.

TwoOfUs's picture

Yeah. It really is gross and disturbing. I don't know. Cell phones were just starting to come out when I was in high school...no texting. I can't imagine texting my mommy and daddy all day while at school or out with friends. I was very close to my dad...but I didn't feel the need to text him in college when I did have a phone and texting. I'd call once a week. My high school and college age skids are constantly texting jokes, memes...funny pictures. I really hate it. Also makes me feel like they've got some special club that I'm not a part of.

They text me when they want something because I make more money. Ha!

**edited to add: I know some might say it's different because my skids don't live with their dad full-time like I did...but we see these kids A LOT. The two that drive come over several times a week...which is more than I saw my dad in college.

zerostepdrama's picture

What do they have to talk about all the time? Seriously don't they have a life? So odd.

sammigirl's picture

I finally said just that; "your life is totally boring if all you have to talk about is me".

My SD, along with DH and other family (SGD31) never get together without ripping on a family member. I have sat and listened to it all, until I refuse to go to these gatherings any longer.

It baffles me totally.

:?

AlreadyGone's picture

No boundaries. That's the problem. Parents not doing their jobs.... raise their children to become independent and able to stand on their own. No excuse for it. Creepy & incestuous type of behavior! }:)

TwirlMS's picture

My DH is happily disconnected from phones since retiring last year. He has no desire to get his own cellphone even though SD36 has complained about him not having a direct line anymore. He borrows mine when he makes a call. He even told her not to text my line trying to get ahold of him. Peace at last and moving out to the country life where the only drop in visitors are the wildlife. Smile