You are here

Eavesdropping

Stepdrama11's picture

So DH and I were out to breakfast this morning. The couple at the adjoining table was having an intense conversation. I couldn't help but overhear that the woman, a SM, was under attack from the man's kids (her SKs). The man was talking about how they would have to just define a new normal, and they were strategizing together about how to bring this about.

IMAGINE!!!

It was like seeing a unicorn in the woods. Hard to believe something like that actually exists.

Stepdrama11's picture

Wow. I'm jealous. I have permanent marks from being thrown under the bus so many times.

CANYOUHELP's picture

Me too, I am encouraged to hear this step arrangement can actually work....but I am permanently marked up, as well.

Stepdrama11's picture

Yup. We talked a lot too early on. He told me his ex was emotionally and physically unavailable, and when i asked what he could have done differently that might have improved things, he said "communicate." *facepalm* *headdesk* There was my sign.

I forgot to ask if our relationship would dissolve when his kids decided it was time for me to go, even if that took a decade to happen. He also neglected to mention that his relationships existed at the discretion of his kids and anyone they brought home.

Acratopotes's picture

I hope you turned around and said to the husband - wake up you idiot your kids are messing up a good woman and your life, your kids does not want you to be happy and share it with some one else... just parent and stop being an idiot..

Stepdrama11's picture

No, he was being a good egg. Totally on her side.

I did mention to DH what they were discussing. He got angry and changed the subject.

Is_What_It_Is's picture

I would LOVE to see a Unicorn... they're so preeettty!

Blended marriages/families like that do exist. Unfortunately they are all so very rare....

Thumper's picture

My dh and I talk about everything and are a solid team. I could NOT imagine life if we were not.

notasm3's picture

As I am an older adult (70) I do not give a *&^^*$#% about what any other person says or thinks about me. Including my DH. I know what I will or not will accept in my life.

I will not accept aholes - DNA be damned. I do not care if the disgusting POS person is related to me or to DH.

I have a limited amount of years left in my life. I WILL NOT waste one minute with aholes who want to do me harm.

ForArtsSake's picture

Unicorn Help Desk, pls.
Honestly, I'd love to get some tips from a well-blended family. I think it's too late to have a normal relationship with SD9, but there's two other SD's hanging around that I could attempt to work with!