You are here

Well we did it

Silcea's picture

SS2 went off the rails. DH finally saw what I have been suspecting for months.  This kid is addicted to cocaine.  DH had total knee replacement on Friday and I was at the hospital with him both Friday and Saturday. At which point I can only assume SS2 had his fix dropped off at our place when we werent home.  Brought DH home on Saturday and SS2 was completely useless.  When confronted about is lack of help, SS2 stated he cant read minds.  Ummm hello?  Your father is just arriving home from the hospital with 20 staples in his leg and unable to walk without assistance.  Whatever happened to you "Can I help you Dad?", "Is there anything you need?". You don't have to be a mind reader to have a little bit of empathy, but I guess when everything is clouded by drugs, nobody exists in your world.

Yesterday was hell, this kid was either on our couch or monopolizing the bathroom.  Even told his dad to wait until he was done with his second shower. (we only have one washroom).  Spilled water all over the coffee table and remotes, I cleaned everything up and put everything away, including the phone he borrowed from his Dad.  He lost it and put hands on me.  I decided to lock myself in my room and go to bed and pray that he just passes out.

I get up this morning and my livingroom has everything strewn everywhere, the blinds in my kitchen are broken and he is sitting upright on the couch with drool falling from his mouth and snot running down his face.  I let the dogs out, he wakes up and goes into the bathroom, runs a bath and passes out, almost flooding the bathroom. So I go in and pull the drain, he is so wasted he doesnt even notice.  I pick up his clothes from the floor and lo and behold, there is a packet with white powder (I didnt have any hard proof until this).  We called the police.  Police and paramedics show up, give him the option to go to the hospital for treatment for substance abuse and he looks at them and says "Nah, I'm good.  I would be fine if she wasnt here" pointing at me.

I look at DH, he looks at me and finally we are a team again.  He tells me to get down to the courthouse and pull surety on him.  That he has had enough and that he needs to go back to jail.

Now DH has SS1 telling him that it is basically our fault that SS2 is strung out on coke because we had the courts put in no drugs, even marijuana and weed was the only thing that made SS2 happy. This coming from the guy who kicked his brother out of his house for smoking pot because his gf didnt like it. 

I doubt these kids will ever look in a mirror and see themselves that are to blame.  But honestly, I don't care anymore.  They are grown, we did what we could.  I am just thankful that DH stood by me for the first time in a long time.

JRI's picture

Wow, having to go thru this while your husband is recovering.  My DH had the same op, good outcome but its intense the first few days at home.  So glad you and DH are on the same page now.  We had druggie SDnow59 living here when DH came home, too.  She wasnt as far gone as your SS but basically no help.  The one day I left her with him, his heavy duty psin pills (which he seldom needed) were gone altho I'd hidden them before leaving.  I'd ignore SS21, too.  Good luck, your DH will improve and he will be glad he had the op.

justmakingthebest's picture

Oh wow!!!

I am so glad your DH and you were able to come back together as a team. Hopefully he continues to stay strong and not enable him again. 

MissTexas's picture

his hands on you! I would get a restraining order also.

I've been where you are with being the "nurse" to a patient, and it isn't fun, but this on top of it??

SS should NOT HAVE A VOTE OR SAY IN THE MATTER. He goes to RESIDENTIAL REHAB or prison. Not your problem.

So glad you and your DH are a team again.