You are here

Step-son's girlfriend (they're all in our house) more drama!

cpreston's picture

Last weekend we went away for a long weekend (entire family, what a headache those two made it!)

We came home and got the mail and I noticed that there was a Dept of Motor Vehicles envelope for my Step-Son’s girlfriend.

They came home after us, I saw her open the envelope and then tear it up and put it in the trash

I don’t know, I was just suspicious, you don’t throw away stuff that comes from the DMV, it looked like it could have been her vehicle registration or something like that.

There was nothing else in the trash, so I took it out and put it back together and read it.

Turns out, she hasn’t had insurance on her car, so they have revoked her license and the letter was notifying her of her license suspension and demanding her to mail in her license plates along with a check or money order for the fine for driving with no financial responsibility

I told The Mister about it and left it out on the dining room table for him to look over. We are both so upset/distraught/angry over this.

He talked to his son about it and the son gave an attitude because I pulled the paper from the trash (his answer to that was, our house, our trash… you don’t like it, get a place of your own)

this is the ONLY bill this chick has to pay of her own, the step-son pays for everything else for her, (except rent, neither of them pay rent)
she "moved out" to her mothers' apartment for two days and is back at our house again
now (like it's going to bother me)they're not speaking to me
I told my husband, she can't live her and drive our grandson around with no insurance and a suspended license. I swear I'll call the police on her
he's in agreement and is insisting that she show proof of insurance (she claims that she didn't know it lapsed and then had it restored before she got that notice in the mail)
she has 30 days to appeal, she's got less time to live in our house if she thinks she's going to be there with no insurance

Nellie's picture

At least you have your husband's agreement on how to handle it, and what is acceptable/unacceptable. So your marriage won't suffer. You can't force people to be responsible adults, you can only refuse to enable them to be that way.
Nellie

2Tired4Drama's picture

If she's this irresponsible, I would have serious problems with her using my address as her own. Next thing you know, you may have bill collectors (or worse) come knocking. Time for DH to tell son and her to be finding their own digs - ASAP.

Helena.Handbasket's picture

They both need to go. He knocked her up, she allowed it. Grow up get out