You are here

Sneaky YSD never gives it up

Disillusioned's picture

So this afternoon a package arrives at the house, DH mentioned it was addressed to me from YSD

Very strange indeed

She never sends anything to me or contacts me in any way unless it's a Christmas or Birthday thing...usually late/crappy and always seemingly done to make her look good while sticking it to me

In strong comparison to the gifts sent to DH, generally very nice and on time with the most sickenly loving notes about how much they love and miss him, thank him for all his support, etc.. and she always makes sure to sign them from her, SSIL, SGD, SGS and even the cat!

Any 'gift' sent to me simply says something like "To Disillslusioned, from YSD" No Love YSD, no XO even. Let alone all the loving wonderful things like what she sends DH

I open the package and it's in what looks like a Valentine Gift Bag. Hearts, love written on the bag, etc.... I thought for a second she had sent me a Valentine's Gift! LOL

I was so confused!

I open that and there's a candle, and a card. 

I open the card. 

It's a Condolence Card (my Mom died almost two months ago?) but even stranger - it's addressed to "Dad and Disillusioned" 

So I say to DH no this isn't for me really, although its a Condolence Card for my Mother's death. It's addressed to Dad and Disillusioned. Which is okay I guess but irratating since it was my mother who died not DH's. And all the wonderful stuff written on it is what she normally writes for DH and DH alone. She's made it clear over the years that I don't matter, I'm not considered part of her family and she certainly doesn't love me as such, in fact not at all. Generally can't even so much as say hello, goodbye, thank you for anything to me let alone love you or you're the best or all the other stuff she says to DH in my presense and only DH while again not so much as even a greeting or thank you to me for anything

I say to DH I'm thinking this is really more for you DH since as you know, YSD never ever writes Love on anything for me, not so much as an XO let alone "sending you tons of love etc..." like she wrote on this card. These are things she does when she sends you something not I. And seeing it was written to "Dad" and Dissillusioned cleary for the both of us but as usual really for you

Her little stunt actually made me angry. 

She is the queen of passive agressive, goes to great lenghts to make it look like she's just falling over backwards and realy being so nice to me, until her true colours come out (and these days I no longer play into this game I call a spade a spade and not shy to say it directly to DH) 

I figured he would jump to defend her, and how she didn't mean it that way yada yada and that was over the top sweet and nice of her to do, I was being mean and so on, and he did start in on defending her a little but it seemed to die out quick, especially as he knows she never writes anything like that to me. Nothing like she says to DH and while she will hang up every call telling DH she loves him, on the rare occasion her and I have a phone conversation she's off the phone as soon she can and never a hint of the old love you routine. Unless it's a call that DH & I are both on, she always makes sure to say "Love you both"

Anyway, DH will expect a thank you and of course I will acknowledge it sent she did at least include my name. Wouldn't have been surprised if it were addressed to DH and only DH! But if she's looking to look like a hero in front of DH and have us grovel about how wonderful she is, Not Happening. A pleasant "what a lovely card and gitt, you didn't need to do that, and yes DH and I do miss my mother very much" is about all I think I can muster 

JRI's picture

"Thanks, SD.  I appreciate your thoughtfulnrss".    The end.

CajunMom's picture

DH and I appreciate......LOL

CajunMom's picture

DH and I appreciate......LOL

Merry's picture

My skids never acknowledged my Mom's passing in any way. Oh, wait, not exactly true. SD told me that the flowers that DH's sister sent were supposed to be from her too. Well, then the thank you note I wrote to DH's sister is for you too, SD. Somehow what SD said was fine and what I said was rude. Don't care.

People deal with death in all kinds of ways, and mostly poorly.

CajunMom's picture

In the time I've been married to DH, I've lost my sister and 10 yr old nephew, two brothers and my mom. Not one word from any of DH's morons. My sister's death was very tragic...an auto accident that took her life and that precious baby. 

DH's youngest was living with us when my dog died. Never said a word to me.

I think it shows just what they think of me. Nothing. I've told strangers on the internet how sorry I am when they loose someone...even on this board. It's just common courtesy to at least extend an "I'm so sorry for your loss." I know DHs kids acknowledged a cousin's death with flowers and card sent OVERSEAS so they know what to do. Mini Wife sent the flowers and told DH it was from "all of us." So yeah....hateful assholes is what I call those kind of people. 

I'm sorry you lost your mom. Sending you a virtual hug.

CLove's picture

I get crumbs, while Toxic Troll and DH have always gotten the accolades.

At 8-11 I got I love yous. Now its all for Toxic Troll, and esp when drop offs occur. Along with giggles. EGADS. So sorry for that ninny being passive agressive - esp about your mothers passing. 

sandye21's picture

Throw the card in the trash and if questioned about it, say it must have gotten lost in the mail.  Let her know she is 'nothing' to you.  She doesn't rate a 'thank you' or any kind of response.  In fact, your DH doesn't either.  If he can't support you and tell SD to knock it off, it is obvious he doesn't think it is worth his effort to address the issue.  He doesn't have the desire to hear about it from you.  Disengage from SD now.  Don't mention her in conversation.  If DH wants to talk about her just say, "Hmmm", and change the topic.

My exSD was like this throughout our marriage - phoney sweet when DH was around, but not too nice otherwise.  I told DH too.  He refused to place our marriage as his priority.  The last 10 years of our marriage I went no contact with SD and it was a blessing.  I never stopped him from communicating with her but I lost a lot of respect for him.

Birchclimber's picture

First of all, my condolences to you, Disillusioned.  Loosing a parent is tough.

I agree with some of the above comments.  I would not acknowledge the gift with any type of "Thank You".  I wouldn't lie though.  If she were to ask if you've received it, I would say, "Yes, I did.  It must have been lost while in transit though.  I received it almost 2 months after her death!  Just terrible!  Tsk, Delivery Services can be so unreliable!" 

Two can play the "passive aggressive" game.

Your SD's a twit!!

Your girl's picture

She is making a choice to be passive agressive.  Its bullshit. Dont allow it tell your hubby to back you up.