You are here

SD32's Life Plans

KC is not the stepmother's picture

I thought we could all use a laugh for the weekend.  In the last few years DH and I helped SD and her 2nd husband buy a house that was foreclosed on.  

They split and she immediately hooked up wirh her new dude.   He's an unemployed loser so of course she was all over that. 

SD has two boys 13 and 11, one from each of her two husbands.  She quit the job she was at for 10 years because she wanted to travel and enjoy her life.  With no money.  They bought an old truck with 250k miles on it and an old travel trailer that she was going to "remodel" and they were moving to another state where the boyfriend's dad was going to get him a great job.  That didn't happen. 

That's when her house was foreclosed  and they moved into his grandparents old hoarder house and started refinishing furniture and making barnwood furniture.  The boyfriend's brother called CPS on them.  They moved in with his mom and her husband for a little while but they had to move out suddenly because his mom drinks and starts arguments.

They were in a hotel when SD called DH with her hand out and asked for $3,500 to buy a trailer in a park.  He's given her $30,000 over the last 5 years.  Swore up and down she'd pay him back because they were selling a car.  She texted him a picture of some cash that she said she was sending.  It never arrived, then she said she spent it on tools and she was sending $500, it never arrived.  Two weeks later she asked him to send her $400 for the space rent. For the first time ever he told her no.  And to get a job.  She threw a tantrum and swore she'd never ask him for money again.  

So now Surprise! She's pregnant! And she's so sick that neither of them can work because he has to take care of her.  And now at 32 he's going to join the Air Force.  

We have no expectation that they'll take him.  She said he needs to take care of a DUI charge and an outstanding domestic violence charge stemming from a fight with his brother.  

Oh, and she needs to get divorced so that they can get married. 

1StepForward2's picture

Where are the boys, in the hotel too? I feel bad for them. How is she supporting them? Are their fathers involved?

At least your DH is putting the breaks on giving her more money but I feel for his grandchildren - and another on the way - good grief!

They were only in the hotel for the weekend and we paid for it. We paid for her to buy an older mobile home and she only has to pay space rent. I think she gets food stamps.  She gets $75 for child support.  

Interesting story there.  The first husband was the father of older grandson and died mid divorce. Got his first job and went out to celebrate with friends. Got stabbed outside a bar and died in the ambulance. I never met him. The oldest grandson lives with the second husband (his step-dad) and his new girlfriend. Younger grandson lives with SD.

hereiam's picture

Oh my, I thought my SD27 was a mess, she is nothing compared to this. And my DH doesn't give her money.

sammigirl's picture

Wow!  I hope your DH changes his phone number, continues to say "No".  I can`t imagine all of this.  Keep us posted on your welfare.    

It's like Poor White Trash Theater. 

She had a decent job for 10 years,  DH gave her cars, helped her buy a house. And she threw it away to live in a trailer on food stamps. 

SteppedOut's picture

I mean... her poor kids! They lived semi normal lives and then BAM mom goes off the deepend. Now they live in a low end trailer in a "park". That HAS to be difficult. 

Hopefully their dads are stable and maybe consider trying to get more custody.

Edit: I saw dad situation above. Someone needs to tell her to get her head out of her ass and take proper care of her children.

Yeah, they had a fairly normal life.  DH and I paid for a lot of their extras like playing sports.  At one point SD signed oldest grandson up for a travel wrestling team and he was about 10. She expected for us to pay for the travel costs.  Then younger grandson wanted to play Pee Wee Football and we paid for all of that.  He let his Grandmom's (DH's ex) dog chew up his cleats and DH bought him another pair.  

Given half a chance she would spend us into the poorhouse and that was before her midlife crisis.  

Rags's picture

Write offs!!  

Cut em loose and let em sink or swim.

Harry's picture

The rest of her life.  You will be going bankrupt and she will still be asking for Money.  Have to cut her off. She has to grow up. Cut her lose