You are here

Predicted this one

Newimprvmodel's picture

So dh calls ex wife to demand proof that she has paid her share of daughter's college tuition. She has not answered his requests the past month. Why should he care? Because they took HIM to court to pay for fancy expensive private school. The least she can do is actually fork over money herself. And I might add that she did not pay a dime for first one, who failed 4 years of college, but that is another story..
So....if you recall, dear daughter not speaking with daddy, but of course demands his money. He paid his share of tuition, even sent the check for book bill a week ago, and silence. He did send her a text basically telling her she was an ingrate, and no response.
So this morning, dh leaves ex voicemail he wants her proof of payment, as required by the court order from 3 years ago, and then mentions the magic words........" I am seeing no reason why I should not move to emancipate an adult daughter now.......let's discuss that shall we?
Within 5 minutes he gets text from ex that she is away and will contact him when back. Yeah right... And most telling he gets text from daughter thanking him for paying her book bill. They sound scared!! Dh still thinks that maybe it is done coincidentally and that darling daughter suddenly is no longer an ingrate. They are schemers through and through.
And most importantly, we have helped them going forward to NOT getting her emancipated in the coming year because now she will be on her best manners for the future court!

sandye21's picture

Ya, It gets really interesting when they know you are serious. I hope he goes through with emancipating her. Of course, you will never hear from her again. Could be a good thing.

Newimprvmodel's picture

No, unfortunately she still is 1 1/2 years from college grad, and dh has a point saying that it is not worth money to go to court for emancipation unless child (!!) has graduated. No.......she is heading to grad school and in this state parents have a mess on their hands if they make a decent living. Meaning it will be a court fight getting her off dh's payroll. So............my prediction...........she is going to ge friendly with daddy, who will feel like a million bucks. This is exactly how these chicks, including his ex, operated around him. They know his number. I have a sick feeling dh never should have mentioned the E word. It would have been better when dh goes to court to show the ingrate's true behavior. Now we have alerted them and they will act nice now.

TASHA1983's picture

I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that BM would do that! She would have no problem, guilt or shame in lying to keep the cash flowing using skid as her meal ticket if he didnt go to college after HS!

I believe my dh made sure that there was something in his DD that stated he was NOT responsible for paying for skids college or contributing to it either, unless he wants to of course (ain't happening).
I just hope that we can be done with this cs nightmare at 18! I am done watching my man be forced to pay cs that ultimately funds that lazy, gold digging tramps "upkeep". (We were told from bm's mother that she uses the cs on herself and skid gets his older brothers hand me downs, nice huh?) Nothing makes me happier than knowing my mans hard earned money is NOT going in our pockets but to some c*** he should have made swallow! SMDH.

Not to mention, we live in the great (gag) state of MA where apparently an NCP should pay thru the ass in CS and a grown ass adult should be paid for until they are well over 18! Ugh!

I'm telling ya, being with a man that has kids and an ex(s) in the pic BLOWS!!!!!!

Newimprvmodel's picture

It is a joke........disgusting. I did just see that Alabama is now not making parents pay for college. Awesome...but not here yet. Dh has been stripped of any savings he might have had, and at our ages, you just do not make that money. It is gone. His daughters and ex are total pigs, but sadly dh takes any crumbs they toss. I just want her off the payroll. They are ruthless and have caused me great pain. Forget about dh, they have broken his heart 10 times over.

Amber Miller's picture

I can't even get my ex to pay $450 a month for 3 kids. He gets away with $70 here, $50 there and that's it! In less than a year he has racked up over $3000 in arrears because he doesn't pay CS. It's disgraceful! We have a court order signed by a judge that he has to pay $450 a month and he never pays the whole thing. What's the use of a court order when it's not followed. He sees his kids for a couple hours once a month. CS said its ok if he doesn't pay the whole thing because the economy is bad and its the best he can do. Did I mention he's on welfare and pays $200 for his 2 bedroom apartment and he has no kids with him? Whatever happened to the courts coming down on deadbeat parents? Guess they don't do that in my state. He's getting away with murder. His court ordered support is about $5 a day per kid. That barely pays for 1 meal a day. The state is encouraging him to be a deadbeat. After all, if he works full time, he will lose his free medical benefits, food stamps and cheap housing. Real nice!

TASHA1983's picture

"Whatever happened to the courts coming down on deadbeat parents?"

Good question...from my experience with dh they apparently just want to stick it to the ones that actually DO pay!!! Sad

simifan's picture

Deadbeat parents are too difficult to find & you can't get money from a stone, but those good guys (& a few Gals) that you know have jobs & actually try to live up to their responsibilities.... they're real easy to find.

Newimprvmodel's picture

Yes!! My dh has treated his dsughters so well over the years. I think it also depends on the custodial parent. She knows dh has been a sucker for herself since they first met and she obviously has legal sources somehow. We have not figured out how she is getting the woman attorney services, but we are sure there is some scam going on.
I should add that we are down to the final daughter, 21 years old. She graduates in 1 1/2 years........could dh make a case to emancipate her now? Absolutely. He is hanging on himself. He has said that when he is finally unhooked from them it will not be a relief, but a loss. I think he does realize that once the money stops, so will their fleeting contact.. I personally can not wait.....they have caused so much pain and damage to our marriage.

shes driving me crazy in my retirement's picture

Your husband said the magic word - emanciate. Not surprised he heard from them a.s.a.p.

Question - your DH has paid his share of tuition but can't get proof that ex paid her's. What would happen if she didn't? Hopefully they can't go after you both to pay more but these looney divorce judges one never knows.

Newimprvmodel's picture

A judge would order her to pay. No surprise she did the same thing with an older daughter, one who was failing semester after semester. We figured out she was not paying by realizing that she herself would not be throwing money away. But she forced dh to pay.
Dh just wants off the ride. His retirement money has been sucked dry by these parasites. He is going to consult with an attorney over this. Ex daughter (!!) graduates in two years and has intentions of fancy grad school. Why won't they want to keep daddy paying? No.....it will be a nuclear war!!!