You are here

Just not fair

Newimprvmodel's picture

This is a very hard time for dh. No contact with his daughters, basically in years, sadly the only contact is or was to get more money out of him. The last one is still on the payroll, dh was taken to court several yrs ago so she could go to the college of her choice. No joke......no discussions, just a court motion in the mail several years ago.
So yesterday he gets bills in the mail, in addition to daughter's college tuition, all kinds of bills related to daughter spending next semester abroad......never discussed with dh! Airfare, visa, etc etc. totaling several thousand.
Dh is finally going back to the lawyer on wed to discuss trying to emancipate the parasite he calls daughter. She is a junior in college and wants to go to grad school. It is going to be a major battle to unhook a college graduate next year. Unbelievable, right?
Yet dh still has hope. I do not know if anyone watches homeland, but dh relates to Brody. He told me that he is like Brody in that his daughter hates him, yet he still wants contact with her. Honestly, I think dh has had the living shit kicked out of him too many times for me to understand his feeling. They are monsters through and through.
It should be interesting to hear what the lawyer says. It is such a racket. These lawyers would not be profiting in a system where children are emancipated at age 18.

Amber Miller's picture

I thought a parents responsibility ended when the child was 18. I had never heard of a parent being on the hook for college expenses let alone when the student wants to study abroad. That's outrageous. If she wants to study abroad then she needs to take out student loans that she will pay back. I can't see how he can be forced to pay for something that wasn't discussed with him first. I hope he doesn't get stuck paying for this. I can barely get my ex to pay his $445 a month for 3 kids let alone any hopes of him helping with college. Unbelievable.

Newimprvmodel's picture

Oh, no. As I have discussed many times here, bad things go on in this state. Dh was more than willing to play for college for the darling, but she and her mother wanted to wound him by sticking him with a court motion. She got to go to her fancy assed private college, and through facebook I learned that she is going abroad next semester. Of course never mentioned, but she has not spoken one word to dh in about a year now. But of course she just sends him his required bills. So what nerve.....a few weeks before she leaves, to stick him with all the bills associated with a semester abroad. How painful for dh..to produce such an entitled witch.

Amber Miller's picture

This disgusts me thoroughly. How sad. Of course parents want to help with college when they can but to get a court order? How insulting and spoiled this little bitch is. Too bad you guys can't vacation and send her the bill. I hope she doesn't go for a PhD. If she wants to get another degree is he on the hook for that too?