You are here

My OSD....

fairyo's picture

... just gets on my frigging nerves.There, felt better for saying that. I blocked her from my Facebook and then unblocked her because it was Christmas, but her posts are getting on my nerves so much I'm blocking her again. It is the only way I can stay sane! Thanks for the rant...!

SacrificialLamb's picture

Keep her blocked. Were you hoping for a Christmas miracle? At her age, she is not going to change.

I have not seen my OSD's posts in some time, but given that she is an attention hound, I recall she posted pics/videos frequently of her then 4 year old DD misbehaving rather than disciplining her, and posted other things her kids were doing so people tell her what a great mom she is. Everything she does is for show and to get attention. If she "volunteers" for something, pictures go up of herself so she gets feedback on how great she is.

Then she started disrespecting her father on FB a few months ago (one of her forms of punishing him), and I blocked her permanently. Disrespecting her father openly? Goodbye. Nothing she has to say could ever interest me.

Focused_onourlife's picture

I concur with all of this! "Then she started disrespecting her father on FB a few months ago (one of her forms of punishing him), and I blocked her permanently. Disrespecting her father openly? Goodbye. Nothing she has to say could ever interest me". Mine did this almost 2 years ago (after YSD repeated something my DH said, to OSD) so I could see it and show my DH. Instead of acting like an adult and picking up the phone to call him and discuss it. Then started posting videos of a father "abandoning his child. This was all after 2 weeks of her re-adding me after being unfriended before, thinking she was trying to change.

sammigirl's picture

My SGD34 never posted on FB, unless she was patting herself on the back. I could care less about how perfect, she thinks she is....

I get it.

fairyo's picture

This is so similar- they could be sisters! I unblocked her because I wanted to keep an eye on the puppy saga (DH still hasn't told me there is one!) but I got sucked in. OSD also posts ad infinitum on her badly behaved kids and how she has had to 'punish' them to show what a good parent she is. Cue pics of kids looking miserable. She then posts the pics of kids opening their presents, and off to BMs for a meal, and how grateful she is to have such a close, happy family etc etc. DH telling her how much he loves her, and she saying how much she loves him.
Yes, it is all about getting attention and validation from faceless people who probably can't stand her. I need reminding often that even a glimpse of her in my life is enough to tip me over the edge. Yep, not interested in the OSD show- it's fake, and it is very boring.

sammigirl's picture

I blocked my SD57 and SGD34 (mother/daughter) 8 years ago and they were livid. The upped their hate and discontent; long story.

I have NEVER regretted blocking these toxic women and life is much better with total disengagement (4 years now).

It gets easier. Hang in there with disengagement; it's tough with holidays, but worth standing your ground.

(((hugs)))

fairyo's picture

Thanks Sammi- the holidays are almost over and I haven't had a whiff of the skids. OSD has the occasional sulk but I have had a wonderful time with my own family, and so has he. It is working- I am standing my ground and it is good ground. Here's to a whole new year and I hope a happier one for both of us.
(((hugs)))