You are here

Let the Alienation Begin!

purplehaze's picture

God bless my fiance!! I cannot believe he could father 2 such hateful, spiteful daughters! His youngest daughters birthday was Aug. 23, and since they would both be outta town at the same time, they could never seem to make arrangements to get together for her birthday. My fiance told her when he got back, they would go to dinner or something. While he was outta town, he called me and asked me if I would lke to go on a "date" and go to dinner and just hang out together.I said sure thing. So He gets back in town Friday evenng, and Saturday, gets a phone call from his princess, saying he said he would take her out for her Bday that night. (not true, a time was never set) My fiance told her that he was takin me out, and that he would take her to dinner one night next week. Or she could go with us! Well, her sister jumped on the phone and started screaming at my fiance, he hung up on her, and she texted him a very ugly msg. saying "its a shame you can take that piece of crap gf out, but you cant even take your own flesh and blood out for her birthday, and I guess youve made your choice, so just lose my number." The matter of "choice" was already brought up in the screaming she did on the phone, and my fiance told her he doesnt choose me over them and vice versa. He was supposed to help her pay for daycare, and she also texted not to worry about it, that he probably doesnt have the money to help anyways because of takin me out. That was 3 weeks ago, and they havent called him or anything. he is so heartbroken because he misses his grandson. I dont bring it up to him at all, and only comment when he does mention it. I suggested he call them, and he did, no answer and no callback. I must say that the drama around the house is almost non-existent, and I know he notices the improvement in my demeanor and his as well. My good friend and confidante told me to not say anything and to keep neutral like ive been doing. I just hate to see him hurting so, and feel theres nothing I can do for him.

CalgonTakeMeAway's picture

It never ceases to amaze me how adult (use that term loosely) children can be so immature. Seriously, a tantrum?? I know your fiance is hurting, but if he gives into that behavior, it will only continue. Hopefully they will grow up enough eventually and NOT act like spoiled rotten little brats. :sick:

cmwolfe1264's picture

"I just hate to see him hurting so, and feel theres nothing I can do for him."

I used to feel this for my DH too when his kids treated him so poorly but I realized that there is absolutely nothing I can do to help him - only THEY can change their behavior and that will help him. Now I just stay silent whenever things happen or they treat him like dirt. He has his eyes wide open and he knows what they are doing to him and he knows that they are the one's that have to change. Sometimes they are not as crappy to him but then something will happen and the drama starts anew. Eventually it dies down and they treat him normally for awhile. I have not been involved or know of any drama for many months, but I suspect that there has been drama that my DH knows about but I don't ask him about the skids lives so he didn't share it with me. Anyway, like I said I used to feel bad for him but don't anymore cuz I can't change any of it for him so what's the point of feeling bad..........

sandye21's picture

This has been the case with SD 36+ too. No recognition for my birthdays or anything else. Like you, my SD has actually gotten hostile when DH said "Happy Birthday" to me in front of her. They are so entitled we just don't deserve it do we? No, you do NOT have to 'share' on your birthday - it's YOUR day not theirs.

cmwolfe1264's picture

OMG and I thought I was the only one that went through that! My OSD32 did that too! We went to see her 3 children in a X-mas play last year on my bday and afterwards when we were talking to the gkids my DH told them it was Gma's birthday today. The gkids of course responded with a chorus of happy birthday but my OSD just stared at me and said nothing. My DH and I just looked at her and then each other and it was an awkward paus cuz we both were waiting for her to say something and she didn't. I told my DH in the car later that that was frickin rude and mean and he agreed that it was very, very rude and he didn't why she did that! I so wanted to say cuz she's a frickin biotch why else. But I didn't need to cuz he has seen and heard her and knows she is so I don't have to remind him.

CalgonTakeMeAway's picture

Those insecure, spiteful, emotionally retarded, vicious, STUPID bitches!

StepAside, I don't think it's healthy to hold everything in. In the future, I think you need to be more assertive and really say what you feel! Bahahahahahaha!! (kidding of course) And I agree with you!