You are here

Why do i feel like this

sarahdash's picture

I am new to this site im not even sure im writing this in the right section lol. My partner and i have been together just over a year and have been living together for 12mnths. We decided to move away from our home town for work opurtunities for him. He has a daughter who is 18months old. Her mother and the daughter live back home where we came from. I went into this relationship knowing that he has a child with someone else and was willing to work with it, It didnt really bother me at the start. i am 20 yrs old i dont have any kids myself but it is deffinetly in the cards for the near future. Why do i feel so jealous of his ex. He tells me they do not talk but that she sends him msgs all the time and trys to ring him pretty much every day. He tells me that he ignores the calls nd msg. This one time she said she was going to send a photo of their daughter to him but "accidently" sent a picture of her posing instead. Real accident pfft! Its clear that she is still in love with him. It makes me feel really hurt nd i sometimes take my feelings out on my partner which he doesnt deserve. The thought of him already having had a baby with someone else and has already experienced it before with someone else does my head in! It feels like it wouldnt be as special to him as it would be to me becuse hes already done it before. This girl is a bitch and she would do anything to get my parner back. I Know i sound selfish but i just cant come to terms with it. Im scared that he will leave me and go back to her because that have a child together. What should i do???? is it only going to get worse? any advice?

morgan_minx80's picture

Your ex needs to set the boundaries with his ex, plain and simple. She's doing this because he is allowing her too. How would your dp feel if it was an ex doing it with you? Iv no doubt he wouldnt like it one bit. The only reason they should be communicating should be because of their daughter. If he wont set the boundaries then you probably need to rethink your relationship.

StepOnMe101's picture

I can't speak for all relationships and tell you it will get better or it won't. Every situation is different. But I definitely feel the same way...I hate that my husband was married once before and already had a baby with someone else. He makes comments every now and then about babies and pregnancy when we talk about having kids together, and I think oh wow thats nice..you know these things because you already did it with BM. It sucks it really does! Not a great feeling. In my experience, I met my DH when I was 21 and he was 25 ( we are 27 and 31 now) with a 2 1/2 year old and going through a divorce. We broke up a few times in the beginning, and DH hooked up with BM. He came crying back to me telling me he didn't really want her, but he felt he had to keep his "family" together for the sake of his daughter. I only forgave him because I too hooked up with my ex when we were broken up. My feelings of resentment towards his daughter and ex have gotten smaller but they haven't completely gone away. I'm not sure they ever will. The only thing that keeps me around is my love for my husband. I don't think step families are EVER easy....