You are here

I Survived Christmas Eve!

eyes2blue68's picture

I just had to share what YSD's husband said as he came into the house tonite to visit us. It had been snowing today, very cold out which is rare here in Texas given it was t-shirt weather yesterday. I told YSD and her hubby I was working on finger foods and her DH gave me a look. I let them know YSD's older brother and family were also coming. This DH of YSD flat out told me if he'd known our plans had changed and we'd of been staying home instead of going to church services on Christmas Eve he would have brought their laundry over. WTF????? You don't do that especially when there is a house full of people and no room and we'd already told them NO several days before.

He went on and on about how he'd have to take his laundry to his sister's or something like it was a dishonor we told them we were not a laundromat earlier in the week and told YSD to wash her clothes at her grandmother's where she was duping us on Christmas Day. Talk about your dumb people. But wait...

In talking with SS's wife after YSD and her family left, YSD had the balls to also ask them if she could wash their clothes over there AT THEIR HOME on Christmas Day while they were visiting. Now this was their "big" family gathering with all the parents, siblings, spouses and grandchildren..at least 11 or more people. SS's wife was floored and I got a big laugh out of her telling me that YSD needs to put on her "big girl panties" at some point and quit relying on other people to help them out. A lot of the things I feel towards YSD are also felt by SS (29) and his wife. It's like someone keeps beating YSD with a stupid stick over and over. The bulk of the time they were here YSD fed her 1.5 year old baby lots of white chocolate pretzels I had on hand. Not the healthy foods I had but that stuff. Hmmmm...

So far we've had 2 sets of DH's children (out of 6) give us presents. YSD and her DH only gave us a Christmas card yet went on and on about wanting some massage chair that had been advertised at Walgreen's. This guy went off saying YSD should've told his mother that was REALLY what he wanted for Christmas but it was too late, they'd already had Christmas with his mom, so he'd have to go get one with his own money. Please! That was so rude given we only got a Christmas card and we had just opened gifts from YSD's older brother's family in front of them. It was like saying "We can't afford to buy you anything but I'm gonna go blow $40 on myself after I leave your home." Yes folks the son-in-law actually called Walgreens to see if they'd be open tonight so he could go get that massage chair. I could hear YSD preaching at him that she wanted more stuff as I heard her say "tax refund" quite a bit all night. Yeah one year they were to pay us back over $1,000 they owed us from income tax refund and we never saw it.

At least the worst of it is over. I am so very thankful my DH and I do NOT have joint bank accounts. In 2010 I won't be near as kind to any of the stepchildren as I don't owe them anything. If my husband can't save for their college money, little extras, taking them out to eat and the like, the children will just have to do without. I am going to limit their visits to the house too. I'd rather hubby pay for us all to eat out than have kids running wild here. I'm changing gears with my work because of the economy anyways. I clean houses for extra money and business has been slow. I love volunteering at my son's school so I plan to get my web site back up and going to work on Internet retail sales so I can split my hours up.

eyes2blue68's picture

Yes this is the same SD who brought me a box of brownie mix the Saturday after Thanksgiving.

***** Follow me on my blog! Me (41). DH (54). Married since May 2007. DS (9) from my 1st marriage where that husband is deceased. I have 6 grown stepchildren who do not live with us. 4 biological and 2 my DH helped raise with his 2nd wife.

soverysad's picture

OMG - If someone brought me "mix" when I asked them to bring dessert my head would spin and fly off. Talk about NERVY!!

"God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy" and you can't change crazy!!