You are here

Feeling sick!

Igiveupsotornupinside's picture

Why do I get that sick feeling when my phone warns me I have a new text message?! I am so afraid of hearing from Bad Drug SD! I literally get sick to my stomach.

I shouldn't have to feel this way about driving up north to see my parents! or my friends and other family! Why does she have that much power on how I feel when I don't even speak to her anymore. Is this just because I am new at not speaking to her anymore? Will this get better with time?

If you want any other info, I recently posted in here "Am I the only one? Adult SD and I no longer have a relationship, SD is into drugs"

overworkedmom's picture

Just breathe.

You can choose not to let her have power over you by hitting "delete" if she does text. If she calls - Silence. If she leaves a VM- delete it without listening.

You can do this!!

Thank you for the support! Yes I will do exactly what you said. Funny, my neighbor told me the same thing practically!

http://www.steptalk.org/node/164776

Here is the link to a longer story on it. I just posted it within this week.

I am afraid of her and her boyfriend, the are confrontational, dramatic, mean, cause all sorts of issues and do everything to make us feel guilty that they possibly can since we have cut them off from any money. They want money because neither one of them have jobs or even want jobs. they live off of drug sales. They are too toxic and the sight of her and him set my anxiety and panic right into effect just with the site of them, a text from them ect. I got this panic issue 2 years ago, it was from dealing with the past 4 years of emotional abuse from her. Her texts are emotionally abusing too. I just don't like the anxiety it causes. Never had any type of mental issue prior to all this in my entire 36 years on this planet.

hereiam's picture

Then definitely don't take any of her calls or texts. Block her or change your number if you have to.

I have been thinking of blocking her number. Its hard, since she is into the stuff she is into she changes her number frequently out of paranoia. She thinks people are listening to her calls. Its rather humorous. I just stop answering phone calls from that area code now and let them go to voicemail. If I hear her voice then I will delete the message without listening to it. As far as texts, I may just have my hubby read the ones that come from that area code if I don't recognize the number. Kinda like with the calls, maybe have him listen to the voicemail for me.

Thank you.