You are here

Creeped out by SD Instagram

Healyourslf's picture

Creeped out today. I went on instagram to update my account - I don't typically post on Instagram, but BD does and some of my other friends so I check it once in a while.

BD had once told me SD24 had an Instagram account. Turns out SD is following me so I clicked on her account which I've never done before.  Her username is the same as it is on Pinterest so I knew it was her. Underneath her user name is her mother's name (this is typically the area where you put your real name)....and her tag reads "(mom's first name...rhymes with ledge) with an edge."  My thought was, "is her own identity so far gone that she sees herself as BM on steroids? 

I showed it to DH. At first he said, "oh no that couldn't be her."  Ofcourse, he has to get through the denial phase.  I then showed him the photo as well her Pinterest account which has the same username.  He gawked quietly for a minute then said, "she's F***** her up so bad."  Correction DH - you both had a hand in raising the entitled princess, but it's obvious she thinks she's a new and improved model of BM. (Vomit)

I feel vindicated that I was not crazy for thinking SD24 was literally acting like a controlling, jealous wife and creating issues between DH & I.  I drew that boundary for myself and she will never cross it. DH was a stand-up husband and put our relationship before the manipulative mind games.  SD's unhealthly enmeshment with narc BM is a toxic simmering stew that is bound to create a lifelong psychological mess. DH's disappointment is dishearting to watch.  He wants to believe that SD is not a carbon copy of BM, but that wishful part just got reality checked again.

Que sera sera.

TwoOfUs's picture

Oh gross. 

Interstingly, my YSD's Instagram account was a subject of conversation today when I was talking to DH's parents. It's also gross and creepy...mostly because she tries to post "seductive" pictures and just ends up looking like an idiot. 

PS - now I'm sitting here desperately trying to think of a woman's name that rhymes with ledge. Medge? Sedge? Hmmm...Fedge?

tog redux's picture

Dredge? Kedge? Nedge? Nedge with an Edge?

My SS19's gaming profile shows his hometown as BM's hometown.  He was born there, but hasn't lived there since he was a baby, and has probably visited there 5 times in his life. He's lived in our town for 18 years, and yet he uses her town as his.

This is what happens when you are enmeshed with your mother.

Chmmy's picture

I actually use Chicago as a hometown even though I havent lived there in 20 yrs. Its more of a privacy thingbfor me so maybe SS just wants safety& privacy ? Lol

tog redux's picture

Maybe. Though with a gaming profile, people can search and find exactly where the IP address is coming from, so it's pointless.

Healyourslf's picture

This kind of beguiling web weirdness is sadly bizarre to me.  Creeps me out thinking that SD's shadow side has to work itself out through social media rather than a therapist or an honest, heart to heart talk with DH (and maybe me) about her feelings. Pointless is on point. 

Healyourslf's picture

Heh heh...was trying to be discreet...lol.  Let's just say it can also be a guy's name...

Monkeysee's picture

Reg???

Healyourslf's picture

Bingo. 

LeslieBShaw's picture

I understand how annoying it is when ex SD tries to interfere with your life in order to ruin and destroy it. She simply can’t get over the fact that her father and mother aren’t together anymore. This is the reason why she is following you on Instagram. If I were her father, I would try to speak and explain to her that this is completely wrong. Maybe deep in her soul she suffers a lot and doesn’t have someone to speak with. As a SM you shouldn’t interfere at all with the relationship of your DH and his DD. Let them somehow to come to a compromise. Back in the days, I faced the same problem. My DH’s daughter was doing everything in her power to make our life a complete horror. She even used to buy Instagram video views to promote her account. Thus, her stories, photos, and posts popped up more recently on my profile. My DH didn’t want at first to deal with her, but I explained that he must take care and love her because she is his daughter. Now we have a wonderful relationship and she doesn’t play any games with us.

Buy Instagram video views from https://famoid.com/buy-instagram-video-views/.