You are here

Attention 2nd Wives Club, am I reading too much into this?

cmwolfe1264's picture

DH had his 40-year HS reunion 2 weeks ago and they had a picnic at a local park. DH and I went for awhile. The organizers had created a FB event page for the reunion and before we went I saw a post by a specific person that was addressed to DH's ex that said she would post pics for her since she couldn't be there since ex lives out of the country. I told my DH about this post and he said oh yeah that is one of ex's best friends in HS and after.

So we go to the picnic and of course one of the first people we see when we walk up is this friend. DH talked to her briefly then we moved on. We spent a couple of hours there and my DH seemed to enjoy himself so it was good that we went.

I overheard the organizer saying she would post pics to FB later. So that night I checked the event page for pics of the day. She had not posted any but ex's friend had posted 2 photos. The first one was a random snapshot that prominently showed DH and I from the backside (not flattering). There were other people in it obviously but you couldn't see those people as well as the two of us because they were blocked by us or too far away. The second photo was a posed photo of just the ex's year's classmates. The pictures were posted as a tag to ex saying here are some pics for you.... I can't tell if the ex said anything more about the pics as ex blocked me on FB long time ago so I can't see what see says or posts and vice versa.

To me it seems like friend was saying to ex look see who was at the reunion since she tagged ex and she only posted the 2 photos and one was a posed photo. I was also telling one of my friends at work about it and she said she didn't see it the way I was seeing it but another friend said she was seeing it the way I was.

So what do you guys think? I personally think it is funny but childish on the part of ex's friend. Sadly this is the kind of thing that ex would do. Ex is very, very petty and childish and says and does stupid stuff daily. Ex has no relationship with her boys because they just don't wanna deal with her crap anymore.

We've been married 16 years and ex has been married at least 13 years? but I guess the crap will never end, obviously...............

lintini's picture

I'm probably the one of the only people in their 20's that deleted their facebook and have kept it deleted. It will be a year in November since I shut it down. Sure I miss connecting with some people, but if they weren't important enough to me to have their phone numbers....well....I'll survive without them.

Delete FB ...save yourself this worthless drama, it's SO not even worth it. Encourage DH to do the same. Try it out for a month, you will be surprised that you probably won't miss it. IF you change your mind, you can turn it back on and it's as good as new.

still learning's picture

I totally agree with you lintini. I deleted mine last year and it's been soooo much less drama. I mean who really cares what your friends from high school are doing on a daily basis? Why should I want to see all the fun people are having at parties where I wasn't invited? Why do I willingly want to put a giant target on my name so skids, BM and others can make snide passive aggressive indirect comments towards me?

I did have to write a few business reviews on FB for work thus having to create a profile but my settings are that only "Friends of Friends" can friend me and since I don't have any friends NOBODY can friend me. The profile is just there, not linked to search engines, just lil ol me writing my reviews.

Maxwell09's picture

I am also in my twenties and I deleted my Facebook coming on to two years now, I can't say I miss it at all! The only thing I miss is my thousands of pictures from Europe I had posted on there.

BethAnne's picture

Yep she was showing her friend what you and your husband looked like, or showing her that you guys were there. I don't understand why she didn't just email it instead of putting it on facebook. I can only presume that she wanted to put the class picture so everyone could see and then was too lazy to email the other one.

If you really wanted you could contact the person who runs the facebook page and ask them to take down the picture as you don't consent to it being there. But that will just cause more fuss and you sound like you are more bemused than annoyed.

cmwolfe1264's picture

LOL, yes you are right. I find the whole thing amusing rather than upsetting.

cmwolfe1264's picture

I did post a comment saying that I enjoyed meeting all my husband's former classmates and that I hoped everyone else had a good time just so the friend would know I saw what she did and shame on you for being catty, LOL. I didn't feel the public event page was a place to bring up dirty laundry and start a war with ex and her friends even though someone else thought it was okay to do so. Whatever........

cmwolfe1264's picture

LOL, I did say something similar to be sure the friend knew I saw her pics and her cattiness. Smile

Rags's picture

I find the FB machinations of idiots to be quite pathetically entertaining. Don't sweat the idiot friends of toxic idiots. Enjoy their crap. I do.

I take great joy in egging them on in their delusional crap. Try it. It is quite fun.

cmwolfe1264's picture

Fortunately I am not friends with stepdaughters or ex on FB so my FB is mostly drama free. I use it to talk to and keep in contact with my out of state family and friends. As one of you understood, I found the whole situation more comical than annoying which made me smile and laugh. What better way to spoil their fun than not to have the reaction they anticipated - that's the best revenge is it not!!

AVR1962's picture

It seems to me that your husband's ex's friend from high school is bias and I do believe what she did was intentional just as you suspect. I had a situation rather similar and perhaps this will make some sense if you can put yourself in the situation. Husband and I were good friends with a coupe and spent a great deal of time together, she was my best friend. She then decided to divorce her husband and move away. I was heart broke to lose a friend to a move and was pulling for them to repair their broken marriage. Two years went by and we continued being friends with each person. She started dating a and and eventually he started dating someone else. I had the hardest time with this. I had a hard time accepting the new boyfriend and girlfriend and I knew I shouldn't feel this way.

This woman you are speaking about has a dedication to her old friend, your husband's ex. It might stink but I really think that in some cases it is hard for the second wife to be accepted due to the commitment one has to the first wife.