You are here

Advice please

Mystery23's picture

Hi all,

My stepmum and I had been getting closer again. As we live next to dad, stepmum and brothers.
This had been going well. We saw them a lot when we first moved in and I tried to distance myself about as I felt stepmum would be getting fed up with us going there all the time.
Dad would come over and see us. He would invite us out to places and stuff.
We recently went out for the day somewhere and this was dad who invite us. Then we planned a while ago to go sea side and stay over in a hotel. Dad reserved us in this hotel and stepmum got jealous that we had a better hotel than her. Our hotel was more expensive and she was like next time u will pay more this stupid amount to my dad. She basically was miserable the whole weekend and dad said its because my stepbro said he would come up to the seaside for the day and let her down.She basically was critcising everything with did. Saying his and that all the time and I am getting fed up with it. I think she need to wonder why her son don't wnat to be around her.Then he said that its because she wants to be called nan. Which my oh is not happy with to be honest and he got my mum and his mum lives in another country. So think he feels it would not be fair to his mum. I just feel stressed with all the pressure if of getting our lo to call her nan. At the end of the day she should grow up. She needs to realise that life is not like that I said to my oh even though he was not happy if our lo grows up wanting to call her nan there is nothing I can do.
Its just she is this mood and she flipped out on one over my brother getting her the wrong wine. This is her son with my dad. Yeah she has helped me a lot and apreciated it but been wanting ages to get her and dad sometime but money been tight. She probably feels I am taking the p**s at the moment.
My oh and her are clashing aswell he wont put up with her rubbish either.
I don't think its us it my dad and she can't stop him from coming round seeing us. He will always think of us when it comes to shopping going out somewhere and if she feels that it too much why she not telling him.
Its also comes down to the fact she wishes she had a daughter aswell.
Stepmums any advice

Orange County Ca's picture

Stop making her wishes so important. Don't be impolite and don't be sassy but don't be manipulated into compliance with her wishes. Live your own life and stop worrying about what she says, does or thinks. Just remove your mind from it - change your attitude because you're not going to change hers. Don't let her get to you.

When she is not a nice person to be with don't be with her.

There's an exception to everything I say.

Mystery23's picture

Thanks for advice thought I was going to get jumped on lol.

Its funny because since they came back she has been okay. Today I didn't go see them just kept out of their way.
Its like a lot of what i do is based on her not going back telling people this and that. Like my dad had high bp and dad would take me shopping but just don't want her thinking I am taking the p**s. Another thing happened yesterday where my dad came to get their lawn mower. So I went to see if dad was okay and he said it was not working anyway I sort of said to my oh what did he do to it as its not working. This is all because I feel I need to cover us because if she see its not working she would blame us and say stuff. Luckily before she got home boyfriend fixe