You are here

my and stepmum hope not trouble starts today

Mystery23's picture

Hi all, I might be reading into this but not sure what to make of this. My came down on Thursday and yesterday morning my dad said to me in the garden. As we live next door to each other when is your mum going home. I said Monday morning and they he said we might be doing a BBQ tommorow. I said to mum I think they are doing a BBQ tommorow etc. Anyway mum, lo and I went to this fun day had a great day got back. Oh told we all including mum will be going to the pub with dad & stepmum and brothers. So now my mum is getting paranoid thinking why are they not doing a bbq. I am thinking also but trying to get mum upset that stepmum didn't want my mum in her house. She has never been there before and also my mum was funny but now she is fine. She told me I am over it now so she would of been happy to go in dad and stepmum house. My mum always let my stepmum in house when I was living with mum. I am also thinking stepmum got jealous. My dad and mum also have a few jokes etc. Stepmum was in watching this aswell. Or she might of heard my mum and I talking which I do feel bad about while we was in the garden. Stepmum mum died last year so my mum was saying that she does feel sorry for stepmum and then she was like I don't know why I do. Meaning I suppose after all the stuff that happened in past. I did however say to my mum I wish u never said that. Also my stepmum been funny ever since my mum has come and in the garden was busy hanging washing and was chatting to my dad last friday and I did speak to her asking how her day was. I just hope while we go out today to watch the final world cup match that not trouble kicks off otherwise I shall go.

Mystery23's picture

No my step nan did last year.

I am so happy it was just being parnoid lol. We all went out had a lovely lunch at this pub and my mum and I going over to dad and stepmum later. We having the tea/coffee the guys are watching match but we not staying for that.

I realised now probably stepmum didn't want to cook as it's not much hassle. She told me this before we went in the pub just glad I got it wrong.

My stepmum and mum got on well sat next to each. I am 27 and everyone has moved on even me just wondered what happened with them deciding to not have a bbq and go out. Thought she didn't want my mum in her house but it was like I said already the hassle of cooking etc.

Mystery23's picture

We not long got back from my dads lol. My mum says to me that she feels my dad was being funny with her. She makes me paranoid.

I explained to her no he was ok but he probably wondered why we were going so quick as he just got up from having lay down. She is fine now.

We all had a good chat.

Thanks u all

StepMadre's picture

Just to help clear up confusion, "funny" here means "weird" (UK colloquialism). Helps in understanding this thread!

P.S. Happy things worked out, Mystery!