You are here

sorry in advance...possible stupid question.

nodiggity's picture
Forums: 

First please forgive my ignorance, this is my first dealings with these situations, & I appreciate any and all feed back. So what happens now...DH has custody of SSs, & has been awarded a small amount of monthly CS...however; BM chooses to not work and has never worked?? (Disclaimer, we have separate finances and I have no personal interest in the CS)

hereiam's picture

The BM will will be in arrears if she doesn't pay the CS but nothing seems to happen to BMs who are ordered to pay CS and then don't.

Unlike men, who land in jail, get their tax returns taken, lose their driver's license, and whatever else the state deems fit, BMs usually get off scot free. I guess giving birth is where their responsibility ends.

Rags's picture

What happens now depends on how your DH manages the situation. If he keeps the CO rolled up and beats the snot out of BM with it any time she deviates from the CO then he can keep her far more under control than if he just lets her run amok. The beatings are legal and figuratively of course and not literal.

I suggest that each and every missed CS payment he files a contempt charge and keep the pressure on.

misSTEP's picture

I do believe if nothing else that they will take any tax returns that she might have coming for the arrears.

nodiggity's picture

Thank you all for your input. I'll let him know it would be a good idea to contact the child support office, & keep track of missed payments, etc.

Thank you again

Rags's picture

Definitely. If direct payroll withholding of CS is an option in your state make sure DH asks for it. When we got direct payroll withholding invoked against my Skid's Sperm Idiot it sure pissed off the Sperm Clan. No more $5 here, $10 there. CS came in on time and usually in one transfer. The Sperm Clan liked playing games with CS before direct payroll withholding was invoked. Sperm GrandHag would drop off miniscule installments at the CSE office several times each month only because she thought it irritated us.

We never gave a shit and never needed the money so her manipulations were no issue to us. Just a waste of her time which was fine with us.