You are here

Ex wants to take to court now.....

Cinders's picture
Forums: 

Other half has been paying the mortgage on his property which he owns with ex, this payment is to cover his half of the mortgage and maintenance payments.

The ex is now and has been for some time lving with her partner in the house along with the 3 kids, 21, 15 & 11 although she denies it we have enough proof to know she does!

So when i lost my job earlier this year he arranged for a payment holiday on the mortgage and was allowed to take 1 year which is what he arranged, well since then i am pregnant, due end March and we not be able to afford the mortgage payment when it comes back on.

We can afford the money for maintenance but not the other half of the mortgage payment and as the Ex has her partner living there we do not see why we do have to pay it anyway.

Well the time came today and the ex sent a text message saying that she had recieved a letter stating that the mortgage holiday is due to end and he needed to deal with it. In return he told her that she would need to pay the mortgage in future and he would pay the maintenance only, she has told him that her partner does not live there and she will tell the kids that there dad is not going to pay anything and they will have to move away!

She said in one of the texts see you in court!

So basically what a witch, i mean fancy telling the kids why do they need to know what is going on financially between there parents and its very selfish telling them they will have to move away. She has even been sending OH messages from oldest daughters phone making out it is her!

So any ideas what we should do next?

What we really want is for her and her partner to buy OH out of property and we then just pay the maintanance which is due.

iwishyouwould's picture

can you take her to court yourself? sounds like you might have a good case.

"if you don't have anything nice to say, then shut the fuck up."

LizzieA's picture

You will probably have to go back to court and get this looked at again if she and he can't come to an agreement. My DH gave his ex his equity just to get out of it. She paid him his down payment back when she refinanced (that took about six months because of her screwing around). She has trashed the house and grounds anyway so he was seeing his equity dwindle and didn't want the responsibility of owning a house he is 1000 miles away from.