You are here

Ex won't let go...

Cinders's picture

My other half's ex recently got married and they live in the house which is jointly owned by my partner and his ex. As agreed in court should she marry she must sell the property or buy him out.

We have asked nicely and no joy so we sent a letter offering options of them buy him out, we buy her out, the property is sold or it goes to court. She did reply but simply said that she would let us know when she has decided!

I can't sleep, eat and have a constant headache, i just want her to go away she is married now, why does she not want to get on with her life with her new husband why still be linked to her ex!

They are doing it because they know we need to money, they don't as her new hsuband owns a property outright and rents it out! Just don't know what to do. I have seeked legal advice and i am hoping that a legal letter might be enough for them to do something!

I hate her i really do, SD who is 12 is just like her mother and i see her almost taking notes when she comes round...

Don't know what to do!

bizbear's picture

Great idea...letter from an attorney reminding the ex of the original court order regarding the house and her marital status.

stepkate's picture

It sounds like lawyer time to me, but maybe someone else will have a less expensive option.

If the court order states she must decide when she is married...well...she is married, so the decision should have been made yesterday. It sounds to me like her husband shouldn't be living there (are they living there?).

LizzieA's picture

I agree. Then if you take her to court, the judge will order it sold or a refinance within a certain period.

stepmasochist's picture

Yep, time for the lawyer. Ask him if you guys can charge her new spouse for rent for the time they've been married that she didn't uphold the decree.