You are here

Emails allowed in modification/court hearings?

Kasey21's picture
Forums: 

Are emails from BM to my DH allowed in mediations and court hearings? We are keeping them just in case where it shows clear cases of contempt of the original court divorce order (refusing him the kids on his weekends etc).
My difficulty is that my SD told me her Mom's email password, she was joking that BM uses the same password for everything. BM is on a clear path of parental alienation and I am wrestling with telling DH the password. It just seems so unethical to access her email account but then again, she is acting so vicious and mean and putting the kids against us so much. Do I just tell DH that I know the password and let him decide?? With all that you guys now know, would you use the BM's password to get into her account? And could those emails even be used to show parental alienation?

Justwantsomepeace's picture

This is illegal. What could you find other than the emails he already has?

Our BM hacked DHs email and she could have gone to prison for 3 years if he had pressed charges. It's a big deal.

Kasey21's picture

OMG I guess you are right and that it is illegal. I don't feel right about it but feel very helpless also as her lies about us continue. We are documenting everything and yes we have her direct emails to him. Thank you!!

Kasey21's picture

Yes we have direct emails to him. Thanks for your advice. Didnt realize it was illegal if you know the PW but I gather now it is.Phew. Glad I checked.

Kasey21's picture

Yes we have direct emails to him. Thanks for your advice. Didnt realize it was illegal if you know the PW but I gather now it is.Phew. Glad I checked.

Orange County Ca's picture

Go to the public library and use their computer and her email account and send a email to everyone on her list.

"I made a mistake and my ex husband is such a wonderful guy after all and I'm really sorry I got a divorce. His new wife is the most wonderful person and a great mother to the children. If fact for the good of the children I'm thinking of giving up parental rights and letting his new wife adopt them. What do you dear friend think".

If she has your email in the account include yourself and then respond by saying its a wonderful idea and you accept without reservation thus proving you didn't instigate the whole thing. Once it blows up blame it on the girl.

Redsonya's picture

What if the email account was a family account that DH and BM both had access to while married? Our idiot BM never changed the account, password, and never told him to stop using it. She continued using it as her personal account.

Mylilmonsters's picture

Wow. That very well might be legal then! I'd ask your lawyer.
Yeah, BM LOVED bringing stacks and stacks of emails to our trial. Yawn.