You are here

"How dare you spend money on a big fancy house and vacations"

Kasey21's picture

Our BM must be off her meds again. Latest vitriolic email accusing DH of not spending enough money on his kids. (He pays all CS, plus more, provides a lovely home and everything they need, 40% time sharing). But BM is furious because he won't pay ALL of the college fund, he agreed to pay half for the past 8 years, its voluntary for them both. Now BM wants him to pay all of the college fund (Florida prepaid plan) and ranted and raved in her email about his priorities being all wrong because "he chose to buy a big fancy house, go on ridiculous extravagant vacations and eat at fancy restaurants". She insists that meanwhile she is spending her money on life things. Jeez I didnt realize weekly massages and monthly botox injections are considered "life". I guess they are if you are a materialistic spoilt brat. Oops we made the mistake of taking the kids to Disney (we live an hour's drive away) and now BM is also accusing him of being a Disney Dad. LOL.

christinen's picture

Smh! Your DH is not resonsible for paying for anyone's college. My parents didn't pay for my college and I turned out just fine (with a Master's degree, at that). There are other options- loans, grants, scholarships, or hey how about this- a JOB. Skids are so entitled it makes me sick! And it seems to mostly be perpetuated by these NUTCASE BMs!

There is absolutely nothing wrong with spending your money how you choose- whether it be a big house, vacations, whatever. It's not her business. You have no obligation to pay for anyone's college. That is your money and you can spend it how you see fit. Tell BM to mind her damn business!

SMof2Girls's picture

Yeah I'd set her to ignore and forget about it. It's crazy what these ex's think they're entitled to.

Kasey21's picture

DH and I keep our finances separate for this very reason. If I were him, no way would I pay for all the extra things. BM is never happy and her greed grows all the time. He only copped on after she began the court case to get the kids more so she could get more CS. DH has no clue what she spends the CS on, she cries poor mouth all the time. In the divorce she got the house, the swimming pool and the hot tub etc, divorced him and he lived in a small apartment for a few years until he got back on his feet. There lies the problem.........she doesnt want him on his feet LOL. She told me that soon after he and I bought our house together. She told me that she is "obsessed" with making sure he loses everything in the court case and that he is "not entitled to anything other than a small apartment". And I am not entitled by association with him. :O

QueenBeau's picture

BM tried this when we went on vacation. We went on a cruse beginning of December after our engagement. It cost us all of 400 dollars, TOTAL, for both of us. It was also the day after I graduated. We were moving directly after the cruise to 1. live together (we had been in a long distance relationship) & 2. for me to start my new job (pays very well). DH works off commission so he put in a request to have child support modified. He has SD over 30% of the time & still pays A LOT. He needed it lowered because he wouldn't be making upwards of 70k the first year he moved. However, the move was FIVE HOURS closer to SD.

BM was PISSED he would DARE go on a vacation & still say he needed CS lowered. It didn't matter she would save over 500 dollars a year in gas money from not having to drive 5 HOURS every 3 weeks to meet him halfway for visitation. He just wanted CS adjusted off of his base pay until he worked up a client base. BM assumed since I had this awesome job I would be paying his CS for him. Negative! I pay for enough for SD, & I don't mind, but I am not sending a single dime or a single thing to BM's house.