You are here

Civil Restraining Order

vickimill26's picture
Forums: 

DH and BM have been arguing for the last few days about SS education.

She sent an email accusing him of violating their Civil Restraining order. I looked it up, so I kind of know what it is, but it would not be the first time I did not interpret something correctly.

Last spring BM cleared a soccer field to yell at DH that he was violating a Restraining order. When it was all over, I asked him, is there a restraining order in effect. He said no. Later, he said, well there might be from when we separated. That was almost 5 years ago now. I asked him to call the sheriff's office and ask if there were any orders against him. He never did.

Now she is yelling that he is violating a Civil Oder. I am not sure what it is, if she could get one without him knowing? The last court appearance, he was ordered not to record her if the children could see. You understand that he had to start doing this, because she would always lie about their interactions and was always believed. So, he taped to have proof that he was doing the right thing.

This is over recordings he made, hidden recorder and video tapes he made before the last court appearance.

Not sure if she is making all of this up or what it is? Anyone ever dealt with a Civil Restraining order?

Orange County Ca's picture

Restraining orders can be issued on a emergency but temporary basis. To get a permanent one the person restrained has to be involved. But your husband is equivocating so until he fesses up we'll not know.

You could go down to the court and ask the records clerk how to find one if its exists. S/he may help.

vickimill26's picture

I read that a Civil Restraining order is for communications. Im just not sure if I am correct in my interpretation. This is the first I have heard her use this term, in 4 years. That's why I was wondering if she could get one with out him knowing.

I'll try the records clerk, but I understood that he has to find out through the Sheriff's office.

All the court stuff confuses me to no end. Everything is open to interpretation by him, her, me, the lawyers, and the judge! :?

vickimill26's picture

in Jersey, but I will look into it here, hope that they have the same kind of site here, thanks!

SanAntonioSoccerMom's picture

He needs to call the Sheriff. Most restraining orders are very specific and are not permanent. He is allowed to go to his kids events unless a court order dictates otherwise, but he does need to find out.