You are here

When is it Time to Just Walk Away

hbell0428's picture

I am new to the site; so sorry if my topic is in the wrong Forum! First of all let me tell you how happy and relieved that this is here; I am not alone. I have been with my fiance for 10y; I had a 1yr old (now 11) (she thinks its her real dad) he had a 2 yr(now 13!) when we met. We have added a now 4 and 8y old. We had typically shared custody with her BM up until 3 months ago. The SF got a bit rough with her after she bit him and now there is a restraining order; so her BM had to choose - so she came to live with us. Her BM has said SEVERAL times that she is ruining her marriage and needs to go (if that tells you nething!) Anyway; our house is in Turmoil; I feel like I am on eggshells and have became an unhappy mother to my children. She comes and goes when she pleases, she has no chores and hardly ever sees her BM; I havent had any time for myself for 3 months. My fiance expects me to take her in; which is fine if it was 100%; but I say no he says yes; I say something she says "but dad said yes." I express something that bothers me ~ he laughs. Example: She will walk right by me calling for her dad to ask permission to do something; or when we are having dinner she starts ALL her conversations with "dad...." Like no one else is even there! How rude. Coming from a broken home i know how to play both sides; i can see right through her; but her dad is wrapped around her pinky - hooked. My BC have come to me and asked why she gets away with whatever she wants when they would be in so much trouble. My only answer is "She's not my daughter; theres nothing i can do about it." It makes me sick to say it; but it's true - DADDY will be there to put me in my place; and I can see the smile on her face when he does it. I don't know if I love my Fiance enough for this; but do I really break up our family after almost 11 Years??

hbell0428's picture

You are right; exactly right - I realize she has the power but I haven't given it to her - he has and she knows that no matter what - when it comes down to it dad will take her side. And Why can't he see this? If I do voice my Opinion or demand some sort of respect; he says (in front of the kids) that I am a psyco and being crazy!! So in turn I get no respect. I should have mentioned that when dad is not aroung - we all get along fine. It's almost like a competition between me and the 13y old; i wish i could win - just once. Thanks for that though - I think I just need to hear it. But when I say I am leaving - I am threatend that he will see it that He gets the children and he'll do ne thing he has to; I am stuck!!