You are here

Talked to like one of the kids!!

hbell0428's picture

The other day I got home from work and DH had made a list of things that people have done wrong as well as things he wanted to the kids to start doing (ya right). Anyway he told me what he had done then asked me to go downstairs. He saved the lint from the dryer from the previous day and placed in on the ironing board - he walked over and picked it up and proceeded to tell me that this was unacceptable. (like a dad to his child). He said it about 2 more times and then looked at me like I was supposed to say I was sorry or something!?!?!?!?
I even told him I emptied it the other day; which I did, then he looked at me and said I was lying??
What the hell is wrong with people??

Do any of DH'S talk like this or is mine the only AHole??

duct_tape's picture

Next time he does this, break into the craziest, loudest belly laugh you can muster, and walk away.

bestwife's picture

Explain to him in very slow language that one cleans the lint trap on the drier BEFORE each load. Anyone who shares a drier knows that you never assume it is clean.

And why would this be your job anyway? Is it one of your assigned "chores"?

duct_tape's picture

The issue here is NOT THE DRYER. The issue is respect. If you allow yourself to engage in this with him, you will potentially lose the war. He is obviously lacking control over something. Maybe lint, maybe his boss, maybe his own kids. BUT, he is deciding to use you to regain some control over something. Don't let him belittle and squash you like that. It's beyond disrespect. This kind of crap gets out of control so quickly. If you give him a victory, look out.

hismineandours's picture

I would agree wholeheartedly with him and then tell him that is why you will be turning over 100% of the laundry duties to him.

duct_tape's picture

Yayah!

dragonfly5's picture

Me too! That would be the last laod I would do for him or his kids, because their stuff would be on the lawn.
That is just plain rude and unaccetable,

hbell0428's picture

Yes, it is amusing to me!
He said........."Now this is the second time I have talked to you about this"

I sort of looked at hime and just walked away and he replied...."See, I can't even talk to you"

My thought was.........You don't work right now......I do! empty the damn lint catch and get on w/ it!!
He tried to say that this was the reason the electric bill went up 150 bucks!!

Amazing!!

leftfield's picture

it is a big fire hazard for sure. I know one person who lost her house to lint!!

But your hubby needs to have that lint shoved up his ass

hbell0428's picture

I know it is dangerous......but the point was......I really did check it; I even pulled out the ball that I threw in the garbage.....I am not sure how it got like that.
I guess I don't understand how someone can talk like that to someone and then wonder why they get sooooooooo angry!!
Oh, Well - thanks for the comments!!