You are here

O/T - Freedom from DH

hbell0428's picture

DH has left for 3 days. One of his friends had to go for work and was able to take someone. Fine w/ ME!! I love DH and for the most part we are happy (minus all the small B.S.issues) But am I the only one that feels like I am the one on vacation?!?!!?!? Everything seems to go so much smoother; the kids listen, SD isn't her annyoing self. She actually sat out w/ me while I cooked dinner - we had a nice normal conversation. I just feel so much more relaxed!!

Normal or............??

my.kids.mom's picture

Years ago I drove halfway across the country with my kids, 3 and 4. It was a nice trip. On the way back, exh and sd joined us, so you would think the trip would be easier because we now had two drivers and an older child to help. NOT! The whole atmosphere was different, it absolutely SUCKED. Even my kids were more on edge. On evenings when my bf isn't here, it's different, too. I mean, I can get on the forums and not have to worry about him knowing what I'm doing LOL

PeanutandSons's picture

If you took the stepkids out of the equation I am right there with you. Id concider a weekend with just bioson and me a vacation for sure. With the skids, however, its pure aggrivation. Dh works weekends, so its just me and all the kids and I am miserable. I look forward to Monday morning so I can go back to work (and I don't even like my job) just to get some peace from the skids.

I had time with just bioson and I a few weeks ago, both skids were horrible in school all week and Dh came home from work early. So I got half the day to take bioson out and it was pure heaven. I had forgotten what being free and happy felt like. Those three hours felt like a 2 week vacation.