You are here

What's wrong with BM?

georgina29's picture

BM is an odd person. Nearly everyone who meets her describes her as "strange" or  "hyper." She left her husband for another man when her daughter was a teenager. The man she left her husband for was 13 years younger than her and a total loser. She has never been able to communciate with anyone on the phone. If anyone calls her she will say "ok I have to go" and hang up. This is not with me but anyone, including her own daugther. Her own daughter will call her and ask her for advice and she will say "I have to go" and hang up. She is very materialistic and badmouths anyone who does not have the nice things she has yet she fails to see how she looks being married to a bum/druggie and she is unable to connect with anyone. She dresses too young for her age and acts very immaturely. Having a conversation with her is one sided. She says what she wants then leaves and does not listen. It seems she has a hard time focusing or just doesnt care to listen. Anyone have any insight with what might be going on?

Exjuliemccoy's picture
  • Anxiety?
  • Personality disorder?
  • Some type of ADD?
  • Possible self medication?

Regardless, all you can do is limit her impact on your life.

caitlinj's picture

Possibly a personality disorder, mental health issue, narcissistic, borderline, histrionic, bipolar, anxiety disorder, add, adhd, substance abuse issues, etc. She could even have a combo of things going on. Perhaps her loser stud got her into something (drugs/pills). I have a family member like this, although not as extreme, who I believe is undiagnosed bipolar. I also suspected she was hiding an addiction.  Either way there’s not much you can do. Distance is probably best. I feel for her daughter.

Dontfeedthetrolls's picture

Why does it matter? The only reason you have to deal with her is because you're choosing to. The child's father is the only one required to coparent, if you don't like your interactions with her then stop them.

Notup4it's picture

Yes totally this!!!  She is nuts, and you will drive yourself nuts trying to figure out what is wrong with her..... and honestly it doesn’t even matter. 

Just focus on your relationship and your own life and let DH deal with her.

Siemprematahari's picture

Be thankful that whatever may be wrong with her has NOTHING to do with you. Let her live her life with a druggie BF and wearing clothes that don't compliment her age.

The less energy you give her, the less affect she has on your life~ she' irrelevant.

Rags's picture

Why do you care abotu what is going on with BM.  She is not your problem.  Let her do her thing and don't give her a thought.