You are here

Update to being "threatened" to stay away from games by BM

Anna21's picture

Just to let you all know that I did go to the game this morning and it was great }:)
I took Rag's and other poster's advice and decided to not let this woman dictate to me where I can and cannot go. My Mom is very sick with end stage Alzheimers and last weekend I was grieving. I thought about what she would have done and would have told me. Went out and bought a new pair of sexy jeans and a nice top, and made sure I looked my best. Not to blow my own trumpet but I scrub up nice!! DH went to the practice and I turned up at 11am with a Starbucks for him and draped myself around his arm and smiled and laughed at everyone. BM brought her identical twin sister with her (yep there are two crazy malevolent bitches). A couple of times I threw her a "dont you dare tell me where I can and cannot go" looks. It was beautiful Smile

luchay's picture

Smile And now you have established your boundary with her, you can go or not go as YOU please! Perfect.

Rags's picture

Well played. It sounds as if you had a good time too. Congratulations and keep up the effort. Eventually BM will tone her stuff down or she will creep to the shaddows where all cockroaches scurry when the lights come on.

Enjoy!!! }:) Dirol

Glassslipper's picture

Nothing better than a strong woman, standing her ground, next to her man, looking good in her new jeans and top, holding a Starbucks!
Congratulations for being the strong woman your mother raised you to be!!!!

unluckytwin's picture

Love it!! (And OMG, two of them?! Ugh.) If she ever says anything to your DH again about you not being somewhere, I hope he gives a very succinct "she will go where she pleases" and then ignores anything else about it for the rest of eternity.