You are here

What do you think?

SMof2Girls's picture

CO states that DH gets kids for summer break "one week after school lets out until one week before school reconvenes".

BM is planning to "disenroll" the skids from school 2 weeks early because she will be relocating. The kids will not be re-enrolled at the new location.

In relation to the agreement, do you think DH should be getting kids one week from the day they're disenrolled, or one week from the last day of school per the school calendar?

On a side note, I also think it's interesting that BM knows when she's moving, but she still swears she hasn't received any new orders yet.

SMof2Girls's picture

I agree that the language indicates the last day of school, but technically, they won't even be enrolled in school at that point.

I imagine she will try to pull whatever she can, but there's no way she'll win additional time. DH won't allow that. At the very latest, kids will be coming 1 week after the school year ends.

It's disheartening that I always find us looking forward to the next trick she'll try to pull.

SMof2Girls's picture

All the agreement says is "one week after school lets out until one week before school reconvenes".

Our custody order doesn't get more specific than that on this issue. Short of this one instance of BM relocating right at the end of the school year, I don't really foresee this coming up very often in the future. It has never been an issue before either.

SMof2Girls's picture

We abide by the school calendar where they're enrolled. BM likes to dictate which days off count as holidays, or when school breaks start and end; so there's little doubt that she'll dig in her heels and provide DH a "definition" of the last day of school.

We're hoping that there won't be any more relocations for a long time .. and best case scenario we would be getting primary custody so DH would be the residential parent anyway.

SMof2Girls's picture

I agree with you .. if they're not enrolled in school, it shouldn't matter what the local school district calendar says.

BM wants to keep the kids .. DH wants her to send them. She has only lightly addressed this and there has been no clear, explicit communication about it .. but we know a battle is coming. She is still denying she even has orders ..

BM is planning on moving on their last day of school (day they are disenrolled) or the very next day. It would clearly be easier on her to do that if she sent the kids to DH while she relocates .. but that severely hinders her ability to play single mom doing it all on her own with two kids who have no one else in the world but her. :sick:

SMof2Girls's picture

Spring Break is an issue too, of course Smile

BM believes that Spring Break begins on March 11 (Monday) because that's the first day of missed school. DH believes that Spring Break begins after school on March 8, because that's how they've treated every single school break/holiday in the past.

She is flying them to MD, spending the weekend with them and her boyfriend, and then dropping them off at our house on Sunday evening.

DH's lawyer is just waiting for Monday March 11 to file the paperwork for the charges.

SMof2Girls's picture

I agree .. but again, this has never been an issue before. At the time the agreement was signed, there wasn't any question on the intention. Now that time has gone on, and BM has dug in to try and make any visitation with DH as difficult as possible, it has become an issue.

When they go back to court this spring/summer, it will be specified. There are a lot of "clarifications" to be written into the agreement.