You are here

What IS BM responsible for?

Redsonya's picture

Our court date is next Tuesday and we've gotten great help from an attorney. BM acts like a martyr even though she chooses to work 30 hours a week, making $1600 a month,and pays $631 a month in health insurance, even though we have the kids fully covered. She works for the school district which is on a year round schedule so she literally gets a month off at a time while only working about 30 hours a week when school is in session. With this in mind,, she is absolutely IRATE that DH and I have taken two week long vacations together because I guess he should be working around the clock to pay her 50% of his gross income (no joke, thats what she got him to agree to originally and still argues that it should stand because he agreed to it). Obviously this isn't support based upon the Guideline Formula and she is oh so pissed that we would ask for an assessment based upon the CA Guidelines. After continuously posting nasty comments about DH on Facebook (which the kids can all see), claiming all of the deductions on the kids and their jointly owned property because she was mad we got married, and threatening to go after "all she could get out of us", she sends an email stating "Please pay SD's car registration". This is a car that DH bought her and started repairing. The repairs that couldn't be finished are being finished now and paid for by SD. We promptly replied to BM that its her turn to pitch in, especially since the car mostly benefits her since she will no longer have to drive SD to school and work. What the hell do these BMs think? They can get divorced and be supported for the rest of their lives? Well, yes, actually ours does. She told DH at one point that he made a promise to her when they got married - um yeah, bimbo and after you divorced him and slept with all the neighbors, that promise went away. Anyone else have a prize like this one?

purpledaisies's picture

That has No baring on what is going on as this is truly a case that the bm is doing whatever she can to get money and ruin them.

Who cares what the agreement was it is now bm's turn to do SOMETHING for HER child instead of pawing it off on someone else yet again. That is why most men get so upset about that their exes are allowed to just take and take and are award such ridiculous amounts of money. All the while sitting on their butts laughing at them b/c they are taking WAY more then their share and demanding even more.

Our bm tried this very same thing and she did not get away with it and I think the only reason the judge laughed her out of the court room is b/c she tried to tell him she had pics of us having sex in front of the kids but refused to produce them even pitching a fit to get it heard the very next day as an emergency making it out be that the kids were in danger. But all she really wanted was money as there was no modification on visitation but A LOT of more money for so many reasons that she kept adding which was more then he even made!

HadEnoughx5's picture

Oh Yeah...I've got one of those BM's too. Mine was getting anormous amount of Alimony and CS (above the guidlines) so she could "stay home" with youngest one until he was in 1st. grade. Skids are now 10,11 and 12. The home they had together was paid for, she ownes two lincoln vehicles and one is a Navigator, she managed to get her health insurance paid for because the children were on her health insurance (and they could not calculate how much the health insurance would be for just the kids), she takes vacations without the kids like she changes her underwear, forces the skids to wear small, gross clothing to our house and would make sure the kids did what she said and wore Dad's new clothes home to her house, nickels and dimes him to know end.

She cheated on her first husband with 3 guys, got engaged to another guy and broke it off to marry my husband, cheated on him with more guys and divorced my husband (my lucky catch!)Dated the guy she had on the side (her former boss) for years, dumped him to be with a psychiatrist (he's not the sharpest tool in the shed), secretly married the former boss who was now terminally ill with brain cancer (to get his death bennies because alimoney was ending soon, told by psychiatrist)while dating the stupid psychiatrist. When the terminally ill hubby died, she also dumped the Dr., and introduced the kids to a new boyfriend was seeing (while hubby was on his last breath)Now she has a 1 year old son with this guy!

She is not working, screw's anything with 3 legs and makes 73k annually from CS and death bennies, cries in court she's so poor. We have paid more crap than we should have. 92% in GAL fee's, 8k in custody evaluation...it just goes on and on.

The only thing she seems to care about is seeing how far up my a#s she can get in making our lives miserable.

The question was "does anyone have one of those?" YES!!! Sorry I got all caught up in venting that one. But it felt GOOD!!!

sixteensmom's picture

I've got one just like yours but I think mine takes the cake on milking it... we pay DOG SUPPORT. not kidding. we pay for all its food and medicine and vet bills. I wouldn't be surprised if the dog died mo nths ago and she didn't tell us.

we bought each skid 2 cars and all their insurance and maintenance. all their books and laptops for school. all their adventures when they wanted to move to and from TX and AZ. on top of insane alimony and cs. I can't wait for it to all run out. last cs payment was last yr but we still have a couple more years of alimony.

and doggy support.

Redsonya's picture

Wow!!! Sixteensmom and Blueswan, you have clearly got me beat. I just feel the teensiest bit of pride and would have a really hard time sitting home being the martyr with friends just like me while my DH's new wife earned the bacon and went on luxurious vacations that I complained about. Just me - clearly some don't have that same level of personal pride. Of course BM surrounds herself with similar types of friends - all uneducated or partially educated with one or more uninvolved fathers. They cheer her on while she looks confused at my description of "personal responsibility".

hbell0428's picture

Wow isn't it crazy the way some BM's can do such horrible things!! My SD14 has lived with us for 2 years and see's her mom MAYBE 2 times a month; if that! She hasn't spent the night at her mother's house in months and give's about 50 bucks a month!! What a WASTE. She actually gave her a $20.00 the other week but she had to walk to her BM's work to get it!! (DH ended up giving her a ride after princess begged) and she thought her BM was a saint!! and ended up telling DH that he was the rudest person ever!! And he still kisses her A**. Aren't kids lovely......LOL

confusedsm03's picture

Fear no wrath like that of a scorned woman! Now I'm also a BM to a DD not by DH so I can speak on both sides here. SS's BM is entitled and mean. She wants her child support and evrything else too! Bc I guess the child support isn't enough to cover shoes, clothes and haircuts, we should pay for that also! I refuse to let DH spend any money on ANYTHING that can't stay here. Now, I receive child support for my DD. I rarely ask her bio to pay for anything extra. If he offers, great! I recently asked if he could take her shopping for hair accessories since he doesn't contribute to her health insurance and she has 2 cavities ($200.00 to fill!). But I worded it as such " I understand your funds are limited and that you always pay your child support. But DD does need her teeth fixed and it will be expensive. If there is anyway you might be able to take her shopping, it would be very much appreciated." I don't expect ANYTHING from him bc he pays his support. When you ask for things the proper way, you get a much better response. I think ALL BM's should take a class on what child support means and what it is used for AND on what the father's responsibility outside of the support really is...which is NOTHING! It's not enough that they get our DH's money, their time, they get to NOT claim the money as income (although men still pay taxes on it), they get to claim the kids on their taxes, etc. They need to get a stinkin life and be somewhat responsible financial for the kids. Giving birth does NOT mean your end of the deal is done

kharmasalibi's picture

We have one of these as well. Maybe not to that extreme but when my fiance wasn't working and only receiving his GI Bill (A Bill that pays a housing allowance to veterans attending college full time) which was about $2200/mo, she never let up on the $1100/mo child support he was responsible for. She got him to agree to it when they got divorced because he was still enlisted and therefore was not able to have more than a certain % visitation with his daughter.
Our BM has chosen to not work for more than a year now while we have had 87-100% custody of SD and when we took it to court, they actually awarded that WE owed HER money for CS even during the months that she did not see or even call SD! The judge didn't even use the minimum wage as a basis, she used the $600/mo unemployment she was granted for 3months out of the last year.
I don't know why these women think that GOOD father's should have to pay them so much for simply caring for their own children. I mean, I am a total advocate for men being financially responsible for their children, but there has to be a certain point where enough is enough.

With regards to the SD's car issues, my mom bought me my first vehicle on the condition that I work to pay for insurance, registration and regular maintenance (oil changes & gas). I know that CA has high registration because I live here as well but I would cut both parents out of that issue and make her pay for it herself... Its a good lesson to learn.

giveitago's picture

LOL yes indeed! We have one that took FOUR men to the cleaners, DH did not marry her so no alimony from him, she married another man and managed alimony after the divorce. Always poormouthing, never paid a nickel in child support for the years we had the kids...we got them when they were nearly 11 (twins) and they are nearly 18 now. They have nothing to thank her for, right? Nor do we. Fortunately we were in a position to support the kids!
We have managed to get this evil woman out of the picture, the kids are old enough now to maintain/or not a relationship with her. No more calls for pick ups or drop offs or moneies. DH has begun ignoring her calls now, she still calls expecting him to be 'friendly' LOL I used to get very irate by it but, you know what? To hell with her! I'd be like 'pass me a bucket please!' when she sounded so syrupy...eughhhhh! I do not think she likes me much, since I tell it like it is. I called her bluff twice when she threatened us with having to pay extra child support...incidentally we paid her even though we had the kids? I was at a loss there too...it was easier though and we could afford it and it made the kids lives bearable with their dealings with her. The last dealing we had with her was to get a vehicle for SD, her old one since she was getting a brand new one (courtesy of recent ex husband) and she said she'd give it away...then the gift turned into a SALE! Ohh Lord...I bit my tongue on that one...I sort of agreed with DH that if his name was on the title then it's irrevoceable. We endured...got a lien lifted and paid up. DH bought the car originally so he got it at triple the price...bargain or what? LOL Ohhhh the stories! I thank the good Lord that it's history now but I really do empathise with so many folks on here. All I can tell you is to hang in there, stay true to your own selves and kids grow up regardless!

Lauren1438's picture

Make sure that you take all the comments that she posted on Facebook to court it will only help your case and hurt hers.

Seagullzz's picture

I have one of those....after BM's screwing up the kids for 8 years, we finally have full physical custody of them, and now that DH is not paying child support to her, BM refuses to get a job and pay child support in turn.

Her reasoning? "I carried them and gave birth to them...it's their father's job to pay for them."

She is the true definition of a deadbeat....we are praying at this point that she continues to refuse to pay her support, just so we can have her parental rights stripped.