You are here

update on the updates about leaving SO ' no longer a step, girlfriend, etc '

P Popper's picture

Hello everyone and GOOD MORNING!

I did it.
Yesterday I loaded the rest of my belongings, the cat, the dog and myself into the car and started the road trip to my parents house in another state.

I woke up this morning in a motel 6 and will have breakfast with a former boss and his family who live here.

It's always surprising to me how many people DO care about my well being. ^^^^ this friend is a former boss and he and his wife have had me over for dinner, invited me to church, blessings, parties, etc.
He is listed on my resume as a reference and when I told him about my move and destination, he said to let him know after I aplly to a certain credit union and he would talk to the regional vp and put in the good word for me.
My two most recent employers (including the one I just left Wednesday) said the same thing.
I feel blessed and a little less stressed.
My heart almost fell out of my chest telling Sherpa the big white dog goodbye, but she is a farm dog .

SO didnt make it easy. we didnt hug or kiss or even shake hands.
He actually was supposed to make 1 or 2 $200 paymnts to me BEFORE I left(so I would HAVE $$ TO leave) and he was only able to come up with 100 yesterday and another 100 today. ffffffff wtfever!!!
There's a longer back story with that but I feel like all i do is trash him.
my choice. my mistake...

THanks for all your support and laughs as always.
I am amazed at how much we put up with to be in a relationship.
I am moving on to better, brighter, and more united things Smile

Thank you STEPTALKERS!

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!

Jinger_VZ's picture

Congratulations on your new found freedom and steps in the right direction.

I wish you well!!

You can have a good life when you escape your own personal step hell!! I made that journey on my terms and I don't regret it one single bit.

ChiefGrownup's picture

You sound at peace, good for you. Keep posting your new found non-steplife. We love those stories about how you gain new insights when you escape from the crazy.