You are here

Trial with no court order

neverbeenhereb4's picture

So, kind of continuing my last post. Dh is contemplating getting custody of sd. She's 13, they are moving away from her friends and family to follow bm's latest fling. She wants to live with us. He's considering this. Bm was fine to let her go until she realized everyone was serious. Her main thing is money. She doesn't want to lose her money. They have another child too so I guess it would end up one with ea parent. Bm asked would dh consider having her for a year and she would give him half the cs back ea month. I said no way, he needs a CO. Plus that would mean he pays for one, she pays for none and he still has both on ins. Also that's serious to violate the CO as it stands now, right?

myspoonistoobig's picture

Could totally see my BM saying something like that, and then asking "Why don't you TRUST me!!!"

SanAntonioSoccerMom's picture

Ugh no. CS would need to be revisited regardless of what she promises, depending on how your state calculates CS, your H still may owe depending on the disparity of their respective incomes. This needs to be worked out before the move. Odds are, the courts will listen to the 13 year old's desire to stay put.