You are here

TORN- ADVISE APPRECIATED

proudstepmommy's picture

So my DH just emailed me and said that a friend of his (a guy) invited him on a guys trip to see their favorite band in 3 different cities (over 4 nights)...

I have no problem with this whatsoever... except one day is our 2nd anniversary.

DH asked if it would be ok if he went and we celebrated our anniversary on the day he gets back (day after our anniversary).

I told him that I would think about it. I'm torn, because part of me wants to see him go and have fun with his friend... but the other part of me doesn't want him to be gone on our anniversary.

What do you guys think?

Harleygurl's picture

Agree with Echo! It's not the actual day but the sentiment that it represents. The love that it represents.

proudstepmommy's picture

Thanks everyone! I appreciate the advice, I think this is the direction I'm going to go with.

I honestly don't know what I'd do without you all!

bearcub25's picture

DSO is going on a 3 day camping bachelor weekend at the end of the month. No anniversaries for us though. I encourage and can't wait for no BM, skid drama.

PS...Happy Anniversary.

proudstepmommy's picture

Thanks again Smile

Not sure if BM will let SD come over or not... so who knows... SD and I get along great, but it might be nice just to have a weekend alone.

Plus- odds are, with my work schedule that time of year, I'm sure I'll have to work some.

Dirol

ctnmom's picture

Honey, keep in mind I've been married 31 years, but 3 days alone? BEST ANNIVERSARY PRESENT HE COULD EVER GIVE ME. }:)

jessh17's picture

i understand where your coming from. thats a day that you feel should be set aside just for the two of you. but on the other hand, your love for each other doesnt happen on just that one day. it happens every day. pushing back a nice dinner or something else one day isnt the end of the world really. its a tough choice and you should both talk about it. at the end of the day if your not comfortable with him going that day you need to be honest with him about it.

MamaFox's picture

Lol! By our 2nd anniversary I would have happily packed his shit and kicked him out the door!

Four days by MY SELF?! I can sit around and do NOTHING?! I'm gonna eat cookies in bed and read books all day and eat vegimite and anything else he hates the smell of and just...fuck off for three whole days!

And everything will be clean and spotless and I'll be the perfect demure stepford wannabe when he gets back....

Okay,,,I almost said the last part with a straight face...promise! }:)

proudstepmommy's picture

*Already reaping the benefits... DH's trip is in 4 mo., and he's already bought me a groupon for the Melting Pot!!! I've been begging him for 5 years to take me there (I love that place)... :-D, AND he said for our anniversary he wants to take me to our favorite sushi restaurant!!! woohoo... guess it does pay to be a bit flexible!!!