You are here

SS11 has pinworms. Never heard of this and so disgusted!!

MrsMiserable's picture

So BM is famours for sending both kids over to our house sick and spreading germs to all of us. SS9 is literally sick almost every time he comes back to our house and she refuses to take him to the doctor. Last night SS11 tells DH that he has worms in his poop and his butt itches really bad. Mind you, he has been at our house for a week at this point and goes back to BM today... DH is like wtf are you talking about?? He says I have pinworms. Mom had medicine for me but we didn't want to tell you because it's embarrassing. OK, so the kid has worms, BM didn't think it was a good idea to let us know or send his medicine over... Great. 

I had never heard of pinworms so I google it and I'm f***ing disgusted!!! Apparently kids who pick their nose and eat it and have their hands in their mouth all the time are prone to getting them. SS11 is the nastiest kid I have ever met and ALWAYS has his hands in his mouth. He picks his nose and eats his boogers. He even puts his feet in his mouth sometimes. I yell at the kid constantly to go wash his hands. I have been telling DH for three years that his son is nasty and this needs to stop. He's so freaking lazy he never says a word to him about it. I have forbid SS11 from putting his hands inside any chip, cracker, cookie bag, or touching ANY community food with his hands. Of course when I'm not there I'm sure DH lets him shove his nasty hands right down in the chip bag. 

So I read further down and it says that these worms can be passed on to other people in the house very easily through whatever the infected kid is touching. It says all their clothes, blankets and bedsheets should be washed in hot water to get rid of the worms. None of this has been done obviously since genius BM didn't bother to mention this to us. I am so grossed out right now I could puke. I told DH I am going home tonight and throw away every open bag of food that he could have possibly had his hands in and I want his room and the kids' bathroom disinfected and I am NOT going to be the one to do it. YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!

tog redux's picture

Actually, pinworms aren't uncommon in kids. But yes, hygiene needs to improve, most likely.  And what a jerk she is for not sending over the meds or even telling you. 

Left out mama's picture

Not only was BM a jerk for not telling you, but to basically deny her son medical treatment cause SHE was embarassed! Im sorry that is is child abuse!

But this kid seriously needs hygene lessions... cause that is gross!!

tog redux's picture

Yes, that too - probably could be a CPS report for not giving him the medication. 

BethAnne's picture

Yep we had a couple of rounds of pinworms summer before last that started at BM's house. It took everyone a while to work out what was wrong because SD kept saying that she was in pain at night and did not mention itching so it was assumed that she was constipated rather than it being worms. It can be cyclical too so it seemed to get better, we assumed the better diet at our house was helping. But then it came back a couple of weeks later because it was really pinworms she hadn't been treated and so a fresh batch of eggs had hatched. ...it was gross to think about. Once it was properly diagnosed and treated though we could at least address the problem directly. Poor SD was in such pain every night and really embarressed about it all. 

We were advised that everyone in the house should take the pinworm medicine even if they were symptomless just to make sure it wasn't passed on. 

I had never heard of it before either, the websites say it is common but I'm not sure how common common is in this case. 

Kes's picture

It does not necessarily mean that the child's hygiene is bad.  Also called threadworms, these are very common in young children who pass them around their classmates. One of my daughters had them at about age 6.  

MrsMiserable's picture

Trust me, this child's hygiene is terrible. He plays with the bottom of his shoes, eats his boogers, picks at his butt crack all the time, digs ear wax out of his ears and puts it in his mouth. He can't manage to poop without getting it all over the toilet seat. He's a disgusting little animal!!

SteppedOut's picture

Big effing NOPE from me. I'm not a germaphobe, but nasty is nasty. No way I can live in the same house (or even have someone regularly visit) that is nasty. 

And I know others have said having worms is "normal"... not in my reality! 

Rags's picture

DH should make an emergency petition for custody over BM failing to notify him of the pinworms and failure ot send the meds with the Skid over dad's visitation time. See how BM likes the embarrassment of having her ass bared in court over the pinworms she is facilitating through her crappy parenting.

smh 

SteppedOut's picture

But then OP would have to live with the kid... who likely would not change his nasty behavior and it would cause MORE chaos. 

Rags's picture

Too true.  

But, I could not sacrifice a kid to a toxic X without trying.  Unless the kid was a toxic write off as well.

Mandy45's picture

Just get some worming medication and give it to him every one else in the house. It common for kids to get worms. Bad hygiene pets other kids can all pass it on. 

It gross but kids get these things they usually easy to get rid of with a few tablets. 

nappisan's picture

BM should be ashamed by not telling you, which was allowing her child to go without proper treatment or meds. They are common in children but his hygeine sounds nasty anyway.  I feel your pain when you say he cant even poop without getting it all over the seat,,, my SS12 manages to piss all over the toilet floor all the time ,, it doesnt even touch the seat which makes me think he does it on purpose.  hes too lazy to flush the button after having a poop too, which i also think he does it on purpose.   Give them some tablets and everyone in the house and let daddy wash all the clothes and sheets  

Bex_S's picture

Ugh my SD is like that. Gross isn't it?! That's the kind of shit you try to discourage in a toddler, not a child over the age of 5. It knocks me sick that a child that age does things like that. It's only a matter of time before SD brings worms into our home....she's already brought every other "dirty illness" at some point.