You are here

Spring Activities

SMof2Girls's picture

Per the recent CO, BM is responsible for enrolling skids in a fall activity; DH for spring.

Skids just completed at 10 week art class that cost about $250 (for both skids, not each).

The CO was agreed to and finalized AFTER they'd been attending for 6 weeks.

BM emailed wanting to know if DH is planning to enroll them in a spring activity (t-ball, etc). He wants to reply and say, "no, they've already done an art class" but I suspect this will create some problems.

Skids have no interest in any sport other than soccer, which is only offered in the fall here. Also why DH enrolled them in art class (they had the choice between art, dance, and volleyball at the time).

SMof2Girls's picture

Also, he wants to enroll them in a swim class, but not in BM's area (which she'll want to insist on).

SMof2Girls's picture

They agreed to it. They both want skids to play sports and BM would not commit to splitting costs. This was the "middle ground".

Agreement is only in effect as long as skids live within 50 miles of DH and are under the age of 18.

SMof2Girls's picture

DH supports their sports and activities, he just doesn't want to force them. They had no interest in any sport so they picked an art class.

He doesn't mind sharing the burden of enrollment and cost; he just doesn't want to get stuck paying for two.

SMof2Girls's picture

Yeah, that's what he's afraid of.

There is a sentence in there basically giving them an out if they can't afford it. So push come to shove, DH will use it.

I fully expect BM to enroll them in activities in the fall .. it's her one sure-fire way to impose on DH's custody time.

SMof2Girls's picture

BM lives an hour away. Skids will likely attend all future activities in her area, which makes sense since that's where they go to school .. just REALLY sucks for DH to make that hike every weekend, in addition to the pick up and drop off.

askYOURdad's picture

I like this idea... or find one at your local library, mine has a weekly "science lab" or "inventor day" both are free.

AmIWicked's picture

If there isn't a stipulation of length or duration of the activity, what would be sowrong with a one time, one Saturday hike? Or single class/event? Something that only meets three times vs. Something more involved?
If it's just "an activity" I would look into libraries, museums, theaters,... you could probably find something for free that the kids would enjoy.

SMof2Girls's picture

She just wants them enrolled in something near her house. Anything other than that will start an argument. Not that DH will shy away from it if it's worth arguing about.

But I agree, the term "activity" is vague .. I'd have to read the agreement to make sure it's not more specific than that, but DH intentionally left certain parts vague for that reason.