You are here

So Angry and I am NOT COOKING again for a while

round2's picture

Won't post - content in the comments section for your reading pleasure

round2's picture

We had SD9 for the entire week last week and while she did not actively act up, I am so tense and irritable the entire time she is at the house.

By the time Saturday rolled around I was about to crawl out of my skin. I had set aside Saturday as a time to clean out the garage - it was a mess and driving me nuts. My DS17 helped us and it went fairly quickly. SD9 kept coming out and asking when her Dad was going to do something fun with her. Uggg, welcome to having a real life kid! The entire fucking world does not revolve around YOU! Go away for 1 hour!!!!

DH is so weird when she is there also, I know many of you deal with this as well. The entire dynamic of the house shifts. I cannot explain it but there is a change and I don't like it.

I was starting to cook dinner last night and DH was helping and something was said (don't remember) and he popped off about me being responsible for cooking since he WORKS. Really asshole? Where is it I go everyday? The country club? Nope, it is to WORK, just like you. But it is my JOB to do all the cooking.

Ladies - you would have been so proud. I set down what I was doing, poured a glass of wine and went into the bedroom and read a book. He came in and asked if I was going to help - I said No, you didn't work today you cook. He stomped off and made my DS17 help him.

Here's how dinner was: overcooked shrimp (tasted like rubber) accompanied by under seasoned and overcooked Halibut. He did a good job on the asparagus. woo hoo

Time to clean up? You guessed it - went back into the bedroom and read my book some more.

We still aren't speaking to each other. I am so fine with that.

round2's picture

The best part was that he and I had agreed a while back that he would do the cooking on the weekends. On the few occasions he did cook, he asked me a million questions about where is this and where is that and why don't you come talk to me while I am cooking???

OMG - I never do that stuff to him. I cook and put it on the table.

On Saturday, I made a big breakfast for everyone. 2 kinds of eggs, toast, cheese grits and juice. He comes in the kitchen as I am almost done and grabs the pancake mix. I say 'what are you doing'? Well...the girls want pancakes.

OMFG - are you kidding me? I have enough food made for an army with a surprising amount of variety and you are going to also make pancakes after I have been in here cooking for 45 minutes? He just didn't see what the big deal was.

Best part - all the kids LOVED what I made and were stuffed afterwards. No mention of pancakes.

What an ass hat

clydella's picture

Awesome!! You so just brightened up my day!! That's right Girl Power!!

luchay's picture

LOL - and wouldn't you just love - just once to turn to him and say "I don't give a flying F*ck what SD likes/wants/will eat?"

I know I come so close EVERY bloody time OH makes these comments... (only for me it's SS who won't eat that, SD eats EVERYTHING...

princessmofo's picture

Awesome!!! You are my hero today!!! It feels really good sometimes to just retreat!! WooHoo!! Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

Jelly2's picture

Feel ya'. Our household is peaceful, heavenly even, when SD11 isn't here. (week on/week off) When SD is here, there is tension. My husband is tense, my BD is ok until about the 6th or 7th day and by then, even she has had enough. I am tense even though SD and I get along way better than we used to. (I still don't like her, but I do love her despite the fact that she is fake as hell and manipulative just like her mother)
As for the cooking, SD made that a whole lot simpler by complaining about the food I cook(healthy-she's obese and craves her carbs). I got to a breaking point where I QUIT cooking all together, but since my BD is here 6 of the days SD is, that's not fair to DH. Now, when we have SD I cook Monday, Wed, Fri. He has to cook the other 4 days of that week. The week SD is gone, I cook only on the 4 days that my BD is here. So I cook exactly as much as he does, except I have been cleaning up EVERY day. NOW, that's the kid's new job starting this past Sunday-both SD and BD.
Speaking of cleaning up-I used to keep and immaculate house, except for toys being around everywhere because I totally believe in playing! But, about a year ago I QUIT because SD is such a slob and so filthy, I just do the bare minimum until the Monday that SD leaves, and then I clean and disinfect the house top to bottom and keep it up the week SD is gone. hell with it the week she is here. That's been one of the most difficult things, because I am somehow "wired" to be so hygenic.
Eww, I thought of a new topic...