You are here

Headed to the GYM, not home to make dinner

round2's picture

DH isn't very smart for a man with an advanced degree and an exec level job. He actually asked me what was for dinner! Holy shit balls people. Is he nuts?

I said I had no idea, I was headed to the gym to work out. Maybe you could have some of the left-overs from the shitty dinner you made last night.

Ass Clown......

thinkthrice's picture

As long as he doesn't start cooking random cuisine fusion. Which is at least 3 different cuisines blended which tastes like weasel shit (he thinks it's AWESOME). That's what Guilty Daddy does and since he won't fix the dishwasher, (going on 3 1/2 months now--and we don't eat out EVER) he has to do all the dishes as he gets home WAAAAY before me. I'd LOVE to say "IDK, I'm working out instead" BWA HA HA HA!!

round2's picture

I have a confession ladies.....

I went home to change into my workout clothes and my 17 year old was trying to figure out what he could have for dinner. It was pathetic. Truly sad.

I don't buy packaged food so he wasn't sure what to do with all the fresh stuff since I love to cook and usually take care of all of that. So instead of going to the gym he and I cooked together and I taught him how to make some new stuff on his own.

So, yes I gave in but it was for my DS17, not DH. We took the DH's leftover dry halibut and added grated onion, egg, breadcrumbs and a little mustard and mayo (weird but it works) and make croquettes out of it. Then I showed him how to do brown rice with sun dried tomatoes and artichoke hearts and roasted brussel sprouts. Dinner was so good.

DH worked late and came in with flowers so he is forgiven for being an Ass Clown.

round2's picture

Maybe it is because they are truly simple creatures and that is the best they can do?

For me, it takes too much energy to stay mad, I really have to work at it to be angry about pancakes and dry fish. I made my point and moved on.

I went to the gym today instead.

goincrazy.com's picture

I made a big dinner sunday night, I commented that FDH has really been lacking in helping with housework and I work FT too. He PROMISED he would do the dishes that night and gave me a ton of love for cooking up and how much he loves me etc......

After he stuffed himself almost sick he fell asleep....... so I cleaned up the counters, table, did most of the dishes except the pans and I soaked all of the pans (*** I understand he knows I will probley do them if he doesn't, I HATE waking up to a dirty kitchen with last nights food stuck to plates and pans. I can't stand it and I don't want bugs in my house). He PROMISED he would do them when he got home from work Monday.

The dishes are still soaking, sitting where I left them.

I'm so mad, I'm not cooking shit. WTF is wrong with these lazy f'ers??? Just bc you work hard at work doesn't mean you don't do shit when you get home. I'm already on strike with his laundry......now cooking/dishes. Whats next FDH?????

oldone's picture

This idea that men can't cook is foreign to me as both my dad and my husband had small restaurants when they were young.

goincrazy.com's picture

FDH can also cook- he claims my cooking is better (which I agree) and he makes the BIGGEST mess in the kitchen. I'm conflicted

round2's picture

DH can cook but he likes to make things that require a recipe and 27 steps to prepare. The simple meal for the family that doesn't require a recipe to properly season escapes him.

He simply cannot put together meals night after night and use the leftovers and make something completely new out of them. I grew up in a big family and this level of preparation was required if my mom was going to be able to feed us all.