You are here

When do I get involved?

round2's picture

This is a new one for me...

BM usually drunk texts DH to tell him what a POS he is etc, etc. Whatever :?

Two nights agao she sends a bunch of texts to let him know about some issues she is having at work and to tell him "she is alone and afraid"

this goes on awhile (with no response from DH) and then she texts: "i am in bed and going to sleep. Sweet Dreams"

I saw them the next day and am pissed! DH did tell her to confine her messages to be about SD only. But seriously... what woman puts up with another woman texting "sweet dreams" to her hubby? I told him, if this happens again..I am responding to her and it will be ugly.

I have taken the high road with this woman for 3.5 years now and I am sick of it. She has been abusive, nasty, inconsiderate, etc. I am at a breaking point with her.

Talk me off the ledge if you think I am wrong.

GhostWhoCooksDinner's picture

I think it really needs to come from him. HE needs to be the one to tell that HE doesn't want any more of her crap. Only then will it stop. Not responding doesn't seem to be working. He needs to very blunt with her.

If you step in, you'll only come off as the "jealous wife."

Auberry2's picture

^^^^^^^^^^
This. But, have just lost my cool with SS6's BM, I also completely understand wanting to blow your top and say your piece to her.
It is really DH's job though, as hard as it is not to say something. My DH's attorney always advises him that it is his job to be extremely firm with BM and set clearly defined boundaries, then stick.to them.

RedWingsFan's picture

I agree with Ghost - it really does have to come from him. He needs to CALL BM and tell her "Knock this shit off immediately" or simply text her back with "Stop sending me these inappropriate texts or you will be blocked from texting me altogether".

Something that shows she's being inappropriate and her behavior will not be tolerated by HIM. Stay out of this one. I know you want to read her the riot act, because I would too. That's bullshit! But, if she knows it's getting to you, that'll just fuel her to continue doing it.

Have HIM put a stop to this now.

round2's picture

You guys are all right - I was just so freaking pissed. He did tell her stop...after I went off on him.

He was initially hesitant to respiknd and tell her to knock it off because he thought it might ramp up her drama instead of cool it off. I just dont care - no response to shit like this is like an open invite for it to keep up. I hope she was mortifed when she sobered up and saw what she had sent him.

As for blocking her altogether from texting - he is afraid to do that in case she needs to communicate with him about Princess :sick:

RedWingsFan's picture

Just because he blocks her texts, doesn't mean she can't email or call about Princess...I'd tell her to knock that shit off now or I will be blocking her!!!

step off already's picture

Sometimes it does take a woman to let another woman that she is invading her territory and it is no longer allowed.

BM likes to harass DH via text and he just ignores it. (She's been an absent mom for 7 years and showed up when she found out DH and i were serious and thought he'd let her back in).

When I first started sleeping over she'd text at 6 am, "have a nice day and don't work too hard". I was like WTF and he'd just say she was crazy and he didn't know why she did what she did. Later in the day, her texts would turn harassing. She was very nuts.

DH has always dealt with her by ignoring her.

Once we got married, after we put a restraining order on her, I began picking up DH's phone and saying "this is Step Off..." and then I'd give her a piece of my mind. A woman is usually better at verbalizing anyway and trust me - I know EXACTLY what to say to piss the Bi$$ off.

It hasn't been an issue as of late because we let her know (after thoroughly re-reading through all court orders including the restraining order) that the no-contact order includes text messages and the ONLY reason she is to contact DH is in regards to Court Ordered vistation. After providing her with the initial "reminder" letter, she tried texting about another topic and I quickly responded (DH just hands me his phone now if she texts). "This is not about visitation. If you text again, i'm pressing charges."

And it's been pretty quiet for about a month now.