You are here

Skids don't respect their own crap... and certainly not MINE!

DaizyDuke's picture

So we had the skids Sunday-Wednesday last week during the school break (insert major eye roll here) During that time, SS and his BM drama threatened to ruin my BS1 birthday (for me at least, I know BS1 didn't know what was going on, but I digress), my cell phone charger disappeared, a favorite coat of mine disappeard and the house looked like a freeking tornado hit it.

So skids left Wednesday night and when I got home from work my cell phone charger was no where to be found. I asked DH if he knew where it was... of course not! He said it must be around somewhere. I told him that does not work for me, I ALWAYS leave my charger plugged in the same outlet and ALWAYS charge my phone when I get home from work so skids must have done something with it. Anwser to this mystery is DH finds my charger 5 days later upstairs in our bedroom... he says SD12 must have taken it up there when they were screwing around up there because my charger charges her phone too... so at least half an hour wasted by ME trying to find the stupid thing in the general vacinity of where I left it and then no charger for 5 days... just downright annoying!

So, Saturday, I am getting ready to go ride my horse. I have a "barn" jacket that I always wear to the barn, it is actually a trophy jacket that I won on a particuarly tough show circuit a couple of years ago and is one of my most prized trophies. Do you think I can find the jacket anywhere?? Hell no and just like the phone charger, I ALWAYS keep it either in the mud room or in my closet. So I call DH in tears, because I remember that he let SD wear it last week and I know that if it went home with SD I will NEVER see it again. DH says he doesn't recall what was done with it, but will do some investigating. DH calls me back and says he found my jacket.. that SD had it on when he took her and SS hunting last week and she apparently took it off and threw it in DH's friends truck when he stopped by. So wonderful... jacket found... but only after I wasted 45 minutes searching the house for it and about had a nervous break down in process.

It might sound petty, but I am so sick of the skids and their blatent lack of respect for EVERYTHING! They don't even respect their own crap much less anybody elses! I told DH from now on skids are to keep their hands off of my stuff. Thank gawd he agreed and didn't try the "oh they're just kids" line with me because I'd probably be sitting my ass in jail right now!

DaizyDuke's picture

well I must confess... when my charger came up missing I did "hide" SS11's phone charger.. he is ALWAYS unplugging mine to plug HIS in when he is there and then I have to crawl around under the couch to get mine. But now that I know that it was SD who moved my charger and not SS, I guess I better get SS's out of hiding. lol

hbell0428's picture

I don't think it's petty. I think it is annoying that things like that even have to be an issue. My kids know that if or when they move things or borrow something of mine that they are TO PUT IT BACK where they found it; it is as simple as that. It bothers me that I don't hesitate to say things like this to my children but I find myself actually getting sick when I have to approach the princess with any sort of issue - Like I'm the one that will get in trouble or be told that I am being stupid. The whole thing is just crazy to me; I mean really WThell - are these kids glass?? I would be pissed; I normally don't get this upset but I feel your pain on this one!!

DaizyDuke's picture

ugh, I feel your pain! Over summer vacation when they were both with us for an "entended" stay, they went upstairs to our bedroom (for gawd knows what reason!) and decided to draw and eat cherry icees on our brand new tempurpedic bed.... of course you know the rest.. one of them got red cherry icee all over the bed which of course stained the brand new mattress.. DH was beyond livid. They just don't use their dang brains.... and don't have any respect for anything!

I swear our BS1 has more common sense and respect for things than these two do!

caregiver1127's picture

Snarky I too have a bmw and the front got damaged in a car wash and I had it fixed and it looked beautiful and then DH drove it and hit a curb and now the front bumper is damaged again this is after it was fixed for 3 days - I about cried I looked at him and said you will be getting this fixed in the Spring - he agreed and I got an extra session of Botox out of it - lol

caregiver1127's picture

DaisyDuke - not petty at all next time something goes missing take an item from each skid and tell them that when your item comes back their items come back and take one from both of them because then the one will egg the other one on to give back the item - when SS comes to visit he knows if he touches anything of mine I will break his IPOD and I won't be paying for a new one - when he lived with us in the beginning he kept breaking my things - that all stopped when I broke his game system and he had to get it fixed - DH backed me up and BM went ballistic but I told her either he stops breaking things on purpose or you will be replacing lots of electronics for him and since you don't pay CS - STFU!!!! She promptly called him and nothing of mine was ever broken again. He broke my bird feeder, my camera, my ipod shuffle, the seat in my car and my dresser and a few other things and I was like ENOUGH - IT ENDS NOW I CALLED UP DH AND TOLD HIM NOW I AM GOING TO BREAK SOMETHING OF HIS!!! I would also when he tried to ruin my night or break something go into his games and start to play with them and I had no idea what I was doing so I was wrecking his scores and his accomplishments so his rude behavior stopped pretty quickly but I will say DH backed me up with everything - so if they take then you take and take something they cherish it won't work unless they really like it - like for SD anything that involves doing her hair and for the boy anything electronic that usually works!!!

ThatGirl's picture

This absolutely drives me bananas about the skids! Everything they come into contact with ends up broken, missing, or filthy. They have absolutely no respect for anything. We have to keep our bedroom and bathroom locked to keep them out, and put anything of value in there when we aren't using it. There's a constant battle for chargers, iPod cords, and batteries. I had to put crazy glue on the battery doors of the remotes to keep them from taking them. Now they are all broken and held together with tape. But no one did it. I really hate to say this, but my kids weren't like that, and I have no tolerance for it.