You are here

Should I be worried if DH seems a little too interested in whats going on in BM's life?

newmommy05's picture

I just find that whenever DH talks to SS, BM or BM's parents, he seems all too eager to hear about what's new with BM. To be honest, BM is a basket case and there's ALWAYS something going on with her. She's constantly moving, going back and forth from a woman's shelter to government housing, to her latest BF's house, etc. Her ex-DH, not my DH, has recently been breaking into her apartment trying to take their DD from her. So BM took both kids (SS and her DD) to a woman's shelter. There's so much drama around her and therefore around SS. My life with DH is pretty stable comparatively and I think maybe he finds the drama exciting or something. I'm not sure how to think of this.

realitycheckmom's picture

Could he be curious because he actually worries her crazy will affect his son? If my ex actually had visitation and all that nonsense was happening in his life I would be going to court to put him on supervised visitation.

Shook's picture

If she's traveling from shelter to shelter, hell ya, I WOULD be interested in it. You know how many funky diseases are in there? You don't even need to touch a homeless person, if there's enough of them there are airborne diseases. I volunteered for years in shelters. Not all of them are clean. My heart went out to the women's shelters though because they brought in the kids.

No way, I'd be even more concerned than your DH.

learningallthetime's picture

He is probably very concerned for his son. My ex has a life of turmoil and chaos right now. We operate on a non-court ordered 50:50. I will readily admit I am currently utilizing all resources to determine what is happening to the best of my ability. I have seen numerous things that really concern me, and I am gearing up for full custody (not filing anything, more him getting locked up). I ask anyone who I have as a mutual friend. I am sure I can come across as drama-loving, but it is actually drama-dreading. It is truly worrying to not know what your child is going to.

sc12's picture

Sometimes asking about bm is the only way to find out exactly what is going on around and with ss. I know for a long time When we asked about ss they would not give us much, just things like he is fine ect. But when we asked about bm then we got to know what was really going on. We found out so much more and figured out why ss was acting the way he was.