You are here

SD11 hasn't used toilet paper in a week.

NoNameThx's picture

I know I keep venting about SD11's horrible hygiene. But I have to do it again.

We have 2 bathrooms in the house; one is hers. I use it sometimes. The last time I used it (exactly 7 days ago) I used the last of the toilet paper. I have said nothing to her, waiting for her to go get more TP and replace the roll. She hasn't. The last freaking week, she hasn't wiped! And I usually have to flush the toilet a few times a day. I'm sick of going to do laundry and she has huge skid marks, or (pardon the graphic nature) chunks of poop in her panties...at 11!!!! Isn't this insane????

Yet DH is clueless when I tell him this is NOT NORMAL BEHAVIOR for an 11 year old girl. Neither is her refusing to wear deodorant. And when I tell him she needs counseling, he blows it off.

jumanji's picture

Take her poopy underwear, put them in a bag, and leave them under his keys (or somewhere he cannot miss the bag). If she runs out of clean? Point her to the bag her Dad has ignored. She can wear a pair of those. Or learn to wash them herself. Or use TP. But stop washing her sh*t.

AmIWicked's picture

I would make her start doing her own laundry.

I had a similar problem with my oldest SD, but with her period. She got it WAY too soon for her emotional and mental maturity and would not wear a pad! So she had several "accidents". My husband (dating his at the time) didn't care until she sat on clean laundry on the couch and it was his laundry. THEN he noticed!

I know this sounds bad, but I would throw the dirty clothes together, hers with his. I bet he would start caring if some "streaks" or brown stains ended up on some of his work clothes. He would AT LEAST have questions about where they are coming from. Then a concerned, "oh no, that must be from SD underwear! She leaves those huge poos in her panties and just throws them in the dirty laundry. That must be HER POO on your clothes."

I bet that would change some things real quick.

kathc's picture

That is disgusting and not the first time I've heard of it. It makes me wonder, when kids are little and starting to be toilet trained, they'll sometimes poo in their pants on purpose because it's something they can control. It makes them feel like "Hey, I do this because I SAY SO!" I have to wonder if these older kids are doing it for the same reason. Because they're like, "Well, you can't MAKE ME wipe so I WON'T!" Considering the immaturity due to coddling with most of them, I think it's possible. I'd make an appointment with her doctor and have him talk to her about it.

Does she also do this at school? When friends are over? Hell, at that age EMBARRASS HER! Point out "hey, you stink. did you WIPE?"

Sweet T's picture

OMG that is so wrong. Why wouldn't a parent do something.My son is 6 and if he quit whipping I would be all over that.

EvilWickedSM's picture

DD9 still sometimes doesn’t wipe after she pees. I attribute it to laziness on her part. It’s annoying to say the least. I couldn’t imagine having to deal with her not wiping after #2 though! That’s disgusting that your SD is that age and isn’t wiping at all!! I would show DH and have him take her to the doctor, so that she can hear it from someone outside of the family just how disgusting it is and what problems it can cause.

butterflybloom's picture

What in the world is wrong with you SD...does she do the same with BM??? DH needs to deal with this asap...I hate it with DH try to just sweep things under the rug and pretend like they didn't notice things...enough!!!

talia11's picture

:jawdrop: Same thing with my SS16! about 6 months ago we found he was doing number two's, not wiping, and we knew because he also wasn't flushing! His reasoning was he doesn't because in the past when he has, nothing came on the toilet paper - I nearly punched him. Gross thing is he doesn't wear underwear either.

I agree with the above post about collecting the underwear in a bag and leaving it for DH.