You are here

OT I hate snow

Kat67's picture

Ugh it's snowing, so this means of most of the next 8 months hopefully only 6 for me,it will be crappy and cold. My SAD is worse here than anywhere i have lived. Bf doesn't get it, but winter is debilitating for me I find it hard to function normally and cry alot. I genuinely like his kid but the kid loves winter and snow so I find myself hating being around him, usually i like him the most of all the people in this life lol he's just being an excited kid so i feel bad but i've already locked myself in the bedroom for a cry today...yes i have tried all kinds of therapy well except meds i refuse that because i just don't want to be medicated. Just a rant to vent!

Dizzy's picture

Take the meds, I agree. If it helps at all, I just had to go back on my antidepressant--I could feel myself slipping. Although we don't have a big change in seasons where we live, I experienced a really, dark, scary low last fall and went to see someone. It helped me through the winter and in spring I weaned myself off, thinking I could manage with nutrition and exercise..,I did well for about 6 months almost, but a couple weeks ago, I started noticing little things about my routine and behavior that I am now able to recognize as the beginning stages of that dark cloud rolling in...I have recently become very anti-med, preferring to go the natural route, whenever possible, but this is an area that I just couldn't ignore.

And also, I have read (and this reminds me, I need to try) that lithium orotate is very helpful for boosting mood. It's natural..,worth a shot...

Kat67's picture

Thank you. I'll check out the natural stuff, I just hate the thought of it, for the last 6 years after moving from perpetual summer to 4 seasons i get so depressed come fall, once the leaves are gone everything is just dead no color ugh. I am ready for a year round summer environment again. I am sure the depression is magnified by everything else too. Maybe i'll try it because it might help me focus on getting my life together to move. Do i see a regular Dr or do they come from a therapist? My old one mentioned it but i said no and haven't gone to her in a while. Thanks!

kathc's picture

Have you tried those lights? I forget what they're called but you sit under it for a certain amount of time daily and it is supposed to help. Ask your doctor, they should know about it.

Kat67's picture

I have tried those but honestly i live in one of these sunny states so i get a good amount of sunshine, so i don't think it's lack of light. It snows from october to may here, last winter our first storm was in sprt and last one on mother's day...ugh i hate everything about winter. I am freezing in august here lol it really sucks and a
lso HATE living here. I tried so hard my first 18 months here, it just never got better. It a conbination of factors. I feel your pain outtahere!

SanAntonioSoccerMom's picture

I feel for you, I grew up in the upper midwest. I cannot imagine dealing with cold and snow any longer-I left 22 years ago for a reason...