You are here

o/t have to attend a wedding...

dodgegal05's picture

And the ex's family will be there. I wouldn't go considering the afore mentioned and the bride can't stand me, but one of my best friends is the groom. So I will go for him. I won't go alone though. I am not dating anyone and don't have any love interests in the sights so I am not sure who to take. If only life worked like movies. I could pay a hot guy to be my date and we'd fall in love... Blum 3
I am considering taking an old friend, I want someone who can support me through any bs that may arise and to maybe show my ex ( if he shows ) what he lost. Hehe.
Any similar experiences or advice?

sixteensmom's picture

Be a class act. Look good. Don't drink and be a fool. Don't be bitter. Smile, say hello. Look better than anyone he might bring.

instantfamily's picture

Agree with sixteensmom, don't drink to much cause of nerves and the risk of acting a fool. Definitely enlist a guy friend to accompany you as your "date" and be polite, classy and friendly to EVERYONE! That way no one can say anything bad about you unless they're lying.
However, if the Bride hates you, why ARE you going? I mean, it's really the bride's day. I believe it's the couple's day but most do still believe it's the bride's day. He likely invited you because you are BFF's, but you might be better off begging out and letting him know that you love him so much as a friend, you didn't want to upset his wife on her big day and send them a nice gift and card addressed to both of them.
I know I'd have been a LOT happier if my DH's siblings didn't come to our wedding and they're his family!

dodgegal05's picture

That's how I feel, but the groom really wants me to be there. He says if his soon to be wife doesn't like me that she can get over it. I don't think they should getting married bc of the way he talks about her ( she is from money, he isn't) and he hides things from her like the fact he chew still. He is dead set on marrying her though. I don't want to gift his feelings by not going, but I am not excited to see him make ( what I think ) is a mistake.