You are here

O/T: Any Campers out there?

simifan's picture

DH and I have been looking to purchase a new travel trailer - we inherited the one we have now. One of the things I don't understand is the lack of doors for the main bedroom, especially with bunks for kids. Don't these adults appreciate a little adult private time? Someone help me out here, is it just me?

on the fence's picture

There should be an accordian door. Maybe it has been removed, but they're easy to replace.

on the fence's picture

My motor home has the accordian type doors in two spots to change up privacy from the bedroom or the whole bath area. The door to the toilet and sink is a regular door, but the two accordian doors just screw to the side of the door frame. Does that make any sense? Smile

simifan's picture

LOL, that's the thing we have pocket doors now that latch and lock. I was floored that all the trailers don't have them.

DoingItAgain's picture

Solution: get the kids their own tent and put it WAY far away from your camper! Privacy from viewing is only helpful when changing. They can still hear right through cheesy doors or curtains but not from the other side of the camp site!

bearcub25's picture

We have a camper parked at our camp.  Ours has a curtain to seperate the 2 sleeping areas, I don't even like changing behind the curtain bc its so flimsy.  I put up a shower curtain but it still feels weird.  It is an old camper we got cheap but I'm not worried about privacy as much as I enjoy no cell phones dinging at our camp.

Rags's picture

the MBR.  Some bumper pulll units do too.  Toy box units can have doors for both the MBR and the second sleeping area. So do some bunk room units.

How big do you want to go?

We have also used the put the kids in a tent method.  It depends on the situation and the age of the kids.