You are here

O/T: Toddlers and Tiaras

helena_brass's picture

Can we please kick their butts? Okay, but I'll admit that the show is sickly intriguing. The last one I saw had a stepmom who had a 17 year-old BD and a 4 year-old SD who were both doing the pageants. Yea, if I were a BM and the SM tried to enter my daughter in one of those, oh hell no. I think even if FSD's BM tried to enter her in one, BF would find some way to burn holes in the eyes of every adult male in attendance...

Asher10's picture

What i don't get about that show is why can't they let the girls natural beauty win the contest?Why do they have to get the fake teeth retainer to make their teeth perfect?why do they have to pile on makeup that grown women don't even wear?why do they have to empty a whole bottle of hairspray onto their hair?
is THAT beauty to these sick b*tches??Why can't they let the girls talent in dancing or their bright personality shine through and let their natural cuteness be what competes rather than such fakeness??It's teaching little girls that in order to be considered pretty and talented you have to get painted up and dressed up like a mini whore. :sick:

Rags's picture

I have watched very short portions of a few episodes. What cracks me up is how many of the heffer cow mothers and fathers can't afford to take themselves to the dentist, have a hard time paying the rent and are obviously not well off yet they can find money for that sick perverted crap.

hismineandours's picture

I admit I watch this train wreck.

I entered my dd in a pageant when she wsa 5. This was a very small local fall festival "little miss" pageant (nothing like on tv). They were supposed to wear an outfit depicting something they liked to do in the summer. So we put on her bathing suit, coverup, grabs a towel and sunglasses. They were then supposed to identify what their activity was while on stage and the judges would ask questions. I told her to smile and be herself. HA!

What was I thinking? Even at this level, in a small town of about 1000, people were ridiculous. The girl that won had an entire skit (which was of course written by her mother),props that she threw into the audience, and a little dance prepared for the part where you are to "identify" your activity. My dd's statement "I like to go swimming" sort of paled in comparison.

At that point, I knew they pageant life was not for me or my girls. It boggled my mind at that point-that they actually wanted the girls to be fake.

I have heard alot of parents try to defend putting their girls in pageants. "It teaches them poise". Wow my girls can learn poise in soooo many other ways that dont involve using more makeup than the corner whorehouse and acting completely fake.

BellaMia's picture

I watched for the first time today (because I'm on bedrest and bored out of my mind!). Did anyone else see the TWO-YEAR-OLD (yes, TWO) with the Madonna-esque cone tits. What in the hell?! And the parent had the little girl gyrating. I was sure someone was going to roll out a stripper pole on wheels any minute... Disgusting.