You are here

Anyone else's idiot DH driving in this nor'easter ?

simifan's picture

My idiot DH is driving 8 hrs in this Nor'easter to take SD16 to mom's. Is it just me or is this entirely insane?

MamaBecky's picture

I do commend him for seeing the value in his daughter spending holiday with both parents. So many parents would use bad weather as an excuse to withhold. He would have even been justified and he still didn't do it. I hope that his travels are safe and that he is home to you soon!

iloveit's picture

My bf is taking his daughther to the airport in the snow...bought her a ticket, she's 20 flying to CA. Last year he flew her back and forth to England twice...wow lucky adult child. I wish my daddy would fly me all over the globe. I wonder if I can make something up to make him feel guilty so he does whatever I want him to! All I have to do is quit going to college ever other semester and prove that I can't hold down a job and then I get to travel the world!!!

iloveit's picture

My bf is taking his daughther to the airport in the snow...bought her a ticket, she's 20 flying to CA. Last year he flew her back and forth to England twice...wow lucky adult child. I wish my daddy would fly me all over the globe. I wonder if I can make something up to make him feel guilty so he does whatever I want him to! All I have to do is quit going to college ever other semester and prove that I can't hold down a job and then I get to travel the world!!!

bearcub25's picture

I packed a bag to stay at work if it gets too bad before I leave.  I drove in that blizzard 2 years ago and I won't try to do that again.

What area is getting snow now?

Rags's picture

Safety comes first. The kid can go to mom's when it is safe.  One of my former employees had to bail his wife out of jail for driving during a massive blizzard when the state had stopped all driving except for critical services license holders. She had decided she needed to take her elderly father dinner.  Of course he could only bail her out after the state of emergency had lifted.