You are here

OMG THE DIRTY BODY & ROOM STANK!!

windee's picture

I CANT STAND IT!! 19yr old SKIDS ROOM SMELLS SO BAD!!! DH cannot smell it b/c bad sinus! It is so nasty!

SugarSpice's picture

i had this with one of the teen sds. its horrible isnt it?

her room stank like body odour! she had her soiled underthings all over the floor bras and panties. it was disgusting. shed step over this mess to get to the door and would not do her laundry for days on end. opening the door let out a horrid smell into the rest of the house.

WalkOnBy's picture

It's a teen boy thing. Usually involving copious amounts of dirty laundry and dirty sheets.

KarateKid left his door open the other day and I happened by his room. The STANK was just about unbearable. I mentioned to DH that KK's room was disgusting and smelly.

DH's response? "yeah, I know, but he gets really upset when I tell him to clean it up."

Oh, okay then - wouldn't want pretty pretty princess to get hurt fee fees :sick:

WTF...REALLY's picture

Golly, really...well we must not upset the teenage....said no good parent ever! Sigh...these Disney dads.

--figureditout--'s picture

Not all teen boys stink. I have a 14 yo and a 12 yo. They shower daily, use deodorant and brush their teeth. Rooms are clean, and they each have their own favorite air freshener scent. They do not want to be the smelly kids.

WalkOnBy's picture

they still stink, they are just covering it up Smile

My SS doesn't stink, but his room sure does.

He showers daily, used deodorant and brushes his teeth. What he doesn't do is clean his room, change his sheets or put his dirty laundry in his damn hamper.

Oh well, he will be out of the house by this time next year and I can make DH sandblast the HELL out of his room...

TinyDancer's picture

Maybe I grew up very differently, but I was taught that the room I was in was part of my parents household, it was my responsibility to keep it as the rest of the house was kept. There was no discussion, I did it. Or else. I've done the same in my own home. Everyone is responsible for how we live and the standards are expected to be kept up. Dire consequences if not.

secret's picture

same here. They have the privilege of having their own rooms, in MY home. Trash them, lose them.

strugglingSM's picture

My DH claims that he has a very sensitive sense of smell and is always pointing out things that smell bad. One of my SSs had a gear bag for football that smelled like something died in it. I was like "what is that smell?!" And DH was like "what are you talking about?" SSs are still pretty young to have teen boy stink, but I'll be interested to see what happens. DH assures me he will tell his kids that they stink, but based on all the other things he doesn't call them on, I'm not holding my breath.

His kids also learn toward being pretty pretty princesses with sensitive little feelings.

No Name's picture

This was one major problem I had with SS. His room stank so bad from weeks work of dirty clothes and bedding that he would go months without washing. He would open that door and that stench would drift through the house. I wanted to vomit. Thank goodness he is gone!

Acratopotes's picture

Every time I read about something like this, I wonder.. WTF...

I have a son and his room never smelled like this, yeah maybe early mornings, but he would tidy up, do his bedding weekly, open his windows to air his room, regardless of the weather.... he also bathed daily, summer times twice...

Aergia's room went through phases... but never really smelled like vomiting stank, Daddy has sinus as well but he made sure her room does not stink too much.... maybe it's a COD thing.... then again , Deigma also comes from a broken home lol...

Cooooookies's picture

It's a teen boy thing. SS15 smelled sour AF when he got home from school today so I made him put more deodorant on. Boys are disgusting...

ctnmom's picture

My oldest and youngest have/had horrific rooms. My middle one is a pack rat but neat and clean. CTBB was always clean, although when he was young he was obese and smelled bad all. the. time. Now at age 40 he is a fitness nut and trim&fit.

myfathersdaughter's picture

My husband had custody of his grand-daughter for 1 1/2 years until she graduated from high school. He bought her a car and she literally rolled out. She wanted to be with the mother that kicked her out of the house because she was trying to hide the abuse of her criminal boyfriend, now husband (there is a bench warrant out on him because he allegedly took a shot at SD and her son, long story). The room that step grand-daughter was in smelled like dirty body and was filthy. The new mattress that was on the bed she used was thrown out because it looked like a band marched over it. She never did any chores and the mother that she wanted to be with so much turned on her. Hell no she did not return to our house!

SweetMom's picture

Yes! I get same thing with the foot odor of her ahoes and her bag she brings from BM house. Nasty!