You are here

odd thoughts, your opinion

dodgegal05's picture

Dangers of “Crying It Out” | Psychology Today
www.psychologytoday.com
Damaging children and their relationships for the longterm. By Darcia Narvaez, Ph.D......

not sure if the link will work, but you can search for it on the main site. I think its a bunch of bull, what do others think?

dodgegal05's picture

I can understand that, what got me was the research saying it lead many problems we have with skids. Like they need another excuse for their behavior.

my.kids.mom's picture

Why do parents believe that when a baby stops crying, it's because they have learned to self soothe? Perhaps it is that they have given up on the one person they should count on the most. And that is why kids who bond with their parents and families who practice attachment parenting result in kids who are more secure in the world.

emotionaly beat up's picture

So Dodgegal05, thanks for that.

As you say, just one more excuse for their appalling behaviour. Thank God these skids who have suffered so much and been so hard done by have yet another excuse for it. I would not sleep at night if I thought there was a chance they would have to accept responsibility for their appalling lack of manners and respect as well as owning the hatred they carry inside of them. Bizare......skids are responsible for nothing. Lots of kids go through divorce at different ages....not all of them behave like spoilt 2 year olds, the ones who behave like this were like this before mum and dad's marriage broke up, it was just wasn't as noticible then because mum and dad just gave into and gave them everything, because mum and dad focused on them instead of each other and spoilt them witless. I don't think it has anything to do with crying it out, but then again, the kind of parents who are too lazy to parent their kids, who give into everything for the sake of a quite life are selfish and lazy and would more than likey be the kind that would rather let the kid cry than get up to it because they are just plain lazy. NOTE: I am not at all saying parents who let their children cry it out are lazy, that is just one of the different parenting styles to chose from. I was just saying looking at my husband kids and one other family I know who's kids were spoilt brainless had very lazy parents in general who would rather sit in front of the tv and do nothing while the kids ran riot. I think parents who spoil their kids are lazy, not parents who let kids cry it out.