You are here

Need some advise-CS why isn't BM taking DH back to court

aka's picture

Last summer BM alleged in a court document some abuse by my DH to his 2 kids. We decided at the time that it would be best that the kids wouldn't stay with us overnights anymore because of her history of accusing her family members of things and her mother is a retired child support advocate. She filed that with the court and required less overnights with us and therefore more child support. They tried mediation and my DH walked out of mediation because of her lies. Well the first court date was set in Jan and her attorney asked for a continuance because her client was going back to work full time (fine, that is great by us). Well 2nd court date was scheduled for tomorrow and yet again they filed for conituance. Why would somebody that would get more CS in addition to possible back CS because of less overnights keep delaying the court date.

There is something up, here are my possible reasons why she isn't pursuing this very hard:
- She is currently getting 1400 per month in alimony. She has had a live in boyfriend for several years.. they might of got married
- Doesn't want to claim her full time salary now.
-We caught her in one of her lies and found out that she has been getting money from a state agency for their disabled child since 2006 that she has never claimed.
- She finally has what she wanted .. complete control over what the kids do and they don't see their dad much anymore.

The court called today and said call the opposing attorney to schedule a court date and I am thinking that we should just not call. Why should we? This is more money out of our pocket. What would you all do? Doesn't this sound fishy to all of you that they would delay getting more CS not once but twice.

P.S. My DH no longer has an attorney because I refuse to pay for it anymore.